General > Victory Empulse

Mine is Dead now too

(1/11) > >>

PaulHMartinez:
Purchased (new) in February with 161 demo miles on it
At 1200 miles developed what seemed to be a coolant leak from the motor
Still ran well but at 1500 I decided to take it for "service" after draining a small amount on the garage floor each day I thought maybe the coolant level was getting low.
 This was over 2 weeks ago. The fix was to replace the motor.
Now it will no longer run. Being told it needs software and coding.
  I think the dealer will make good somehow and in the mean time have a loaner bike (gas).
Any suggestions?
Thanks

Ultratoad:

--- Quote from: PaulHMartinez on June 22, 2017, 11:06:49 AM ---Purchased (new) in February with 161 demo miles on it
At 1200 miles developed what seemed to be a coolant leak from the motor
Still ran well but at 1500 I decided to take it for "service" after draining a small amount on the garage floor each day I thought maybe the coolant level was getting low.
 This was over 2 weeks ago. The fix was to replace the motor.
Now it will no longer run. Being told it needs software and coding.
  I think the dealer will make good somehow and in the mean time have a loaner bike (gas).
Any suggestions?
Thanks

--- End quote ---

Mine is 169....  At least it sounds like you have a "real" dealer willing to help....  Who might that be ????  We all need to know who the good ones are !!!!

siai47:
You shouldn't need software if just the motor was changed.  The new motor encoder position needs to be fed into the motor controller.  Victory/Polaris or Brammo diagnostic software (which any dealer that sold these things should have) can be used to set the "encoder alignment".  The reason the motor doesn't run is the adjustment.  If it is far enough out of adjustment the motor may not run or run poorly.  The controller needs to know the exact position of the rotor in relation to the stator.  The encoder position when your replacement motor was assembled is a little bit different from your original motor.  If you did install a firmware update than the encoder alignment might need to be done.  Find someone that has the Polaris motor diagnostic software and connecting cables to get this done.  The service manual gives you a step by step walk through and it shouldn't be too hard to do even if the mechanic isn't trained on the Empulse.

I believe that if Polaris doesn't start addressing these service issues soon there will be a class action lawsuit that will probably start a buyback of all of the Victory Empluse bikes.  There are too few of them out there to warrant them stepping up to the plate to honor their obligations under the warranty program and/or to provide parts and service for the period of time required.  With many of the Victory only dealers gone and the multi vehicle Polaris dealers not giving a crap about Victory owners its only a matter of time.  Brammo owners are most likely in deeper s**t than Polaris owners as all of Victory's are still in the two year warranty window which would allow a buy back of any vehicle that cannot be serviced in a specific period of time.  Few of the Brammos are still under the initial warranty period.   

frodus:
Push the dealer hard to resolve. Be a pain. You might be surprised what you can do.

PaulHMartinez:
Thanks for the input.
There is really no way to find anyone else for the repair.
It's in the possession of the selling dealer and only authorized repair facility any where near here.
Honestly, I really wouldn't know where else to look or find anyone else. That and it doesn't run to actually get it anywhere else. Who else would honor the Victory warranty?
I don't know if there was ever a Brammo dealer in the Chicago area that might still have a tech with some working knowledge. Anybody?
  It will be 3 weeks tomorrow and I feel like somebody needs to make a move. It's the longest I've ever waited for a repair of anything.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version