Author Topic: Big Blonde now riding an e-bike  (Read 574 times)

Kelly Olsen

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Brammo Riders Of Southern California
    • Email
Big Blonde now riding an e-bike
« on: January 11, 2012, 07:30:13 PM »
Well, not the kind of blonde you were hoping but it got you to look :D

Some of you may have seen the video I made called Brammo Stories Episode One. I was planning on doing one a month but there was only one other Enertia owner that I could find in the Los Angeles area and he was camera shy.

I really would rather focus on Brammo bikes since I really like these bikes and the company but with no subjects there can be no videos.

A little over a year ago I met Fabio when he did a cameo in one of our Plug In America's PSAs about the advantages of EVs. He did it as a favor to our casting director but had no previous contact with any electric vehicles. I interviewed him for a documentary I was making about the making of the PSAs and coached him about EVs and what to say.

Our PSAs and the little doc I shot got a lot of coverage and the major news outlets picked up his involvement and they wanted to interview him about EVs.

He kind of became a new spokes person for the EV world, which was weird since he didn't know anything about EVs until he spent time on the set and I gave him some talking points.

Zero motorcycles saw this and gave him an electric motorcycle (and they are giving him 3 more 2012's when they come out) and all he has to do is ride it around and talk about it. I wanted to do a follow up about this strange turn of events and his new electric bike. I went to his house and shot a bunch of stuff with him about his life and e-bikes.

He is a major gear head, with a 950 hp Porsche, a tricked out Mercedes and a Lamborghini. But the kicker is he has 211 motorcycles, all of them at his house.

I did tell him about the Empulse and he was VERY interested. He asked me to ride with him when my Enertia + arrived, which seems like it would be an interesting experience.

Here is just a screen grab from the shoot.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=321750697848122&set=a.150945468261980.29093.140503792639481&type=1&theater
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 07:35:17 PM by Kelly Olsen »