Author Topic: Brammo #3 according to Pike research.  (Read 972 times)

FreepZ

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Empulse Experience
    • Email
Brammo #3 according to Pike research.
« on: January 22, 2012, 01:54:27 AM »

• Pike’s Top 10 Vendors
  • 1   Zero Motorcycles
  • 2   Jiangsu Xinri E-Vehicle
  • 3   Brammo

Looks like Zero are on top. I've never even heard of Jiangsu Xinri E-Vehicle before.

Source, and lots of interesting info here:
http://www.greencarcongress.com/2012/01/pike-20120121.html

I wonder how this will change once Brammo actually has more bikes to sell. I assume that Pike research has taken that into account so perhaps it won't change Pike's outlook.
Richard #935 #595 #44

EmpulseRider

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Brammo #3 according to Pike research.
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2012, 01:34:42 AM »
Brammo appears to have been focused more on infrastructure than anything else. I think they have more going on behind the scenes than Zero, but Zero has more products available in more markets currently. Not sure how this data was compiled but I dont think Brammo will be in 3rd for much longer.

Hopefully we will hear some more big announcements soon... particularly related to Empulse specs and production schedule.  :)

BrammoBrian

• Obsessive Empulsive
  • Brammovangelist
  • Director of Product Development - Brammo, Inc.
    • View Profile
    • BRAMMO
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2012, 02:31:05 PM »
I don't know of anyone at Pike Research actually contacting us to conduct this research, so I wouldn't read too much into it...

Don't mind being the underdog either.  Looks like the "Leader" category is still up for grabs... ;)

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2012, 05:23:49 PM »
I'm thinking Pike wasn't putting much weight on Brammo's new products that haven't reached the market yet when they made that diagram.

There is nothing wrong with Pike doing that.  To be perfectly fair, Zero HAS put out more evolutions on what they have been selling than Brammo has.  Zero pretty much has had something new every year.

I think most of us here see Brammo for what Brammo has in the pipeline, instead of for just the current bike Brammo has available for sale.  

If Pike is putting more weight on what is actually available for sale, then I'd expect Brammo to leap-frog Zero into the "Leaders" box once they successfully execute the Empulse, the Enertia Plus, and the Engage.  I don't really blame Pike for making Brammo EARN that position though successful sales before they reward them with the "Leaders" position on the diagram.  

I do have a bone to pick with Pike putting Brammo below Zero in the "strategy" score.  Because I think Brammo has awesome long term strategy tie-in's with flextronics, SMRE, and Polaris that make Brammo's long term strategy a winner.  With that said, I can't blame Pike for not giving Brammo full credit yet for their strategy while it is still in such early stages.  Again, once Brammo takes those partnerships and puts products in the hands of customers, Brammo should leap-frog Zero into the "Leaders" position.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2012, 05:34:40 PM by 1416 »

Richard230

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2012, 11:04:40 AM »
Here is what Ultimate MotorCycling has to say about this subject:

http://www.ultimatemotorcycling.com/2012/zero-motorcycles-tops-pike-pulse-research
current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2011 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Classic, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2007 BMW R1200R, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.