Author Topic: TTXGPod Episode 4: Interview with Brian Wismann of Brammo (full)  (Read 1077 times)

ttxgpfan

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
My interview with Brian.  A must listen.  Bt then again, it's my podcast. :D

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

ttxgpfan

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: TTXGPod Episode 4: Interview with Brian Wismann of Brammo (full)
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2012, 09:35:52 PM »
D'oh!  Thanks Harry!

Phantom

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2012, 10:27:38 PM »
Awesome! Lots of good information. I like the hints at regen for the potential race bike for this upcoming race season. I would expect it to eventually translate into a production bike.

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2012, 10:16:02 AM »
I just finished listening to this and yes, it's great.  Brian's interview begins at about the 40 minute mark and lasts almost an hour.

Anyone have a free resource that does transcription?  I'd really like to get that interview down as text.

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2012, 11:10:33 AM »
Can't you just hold siri up to a mic and have her transcribe it into an email? : )

In all siri-ousness, there probably are transcription programs on iOS. I don't know how well Siri would fare vs dedicated dictation software like Dragon Naturally Speaking. DNS will transcribe from an audio file, so that may well be your best option. It does really want to train on the target's voice beforehand, which may be difficult unless you can ring up BrammoBrian..
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/

FreepZ

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Empulse Experience
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2012, 11:43:34 PM »
Thanks for doing that interview, TTXGPfan.

There was one point it that interview that I found especially interesting: the discussion about the advantages of running a high voltage system.
I had thought that the proof that the shifter was of any real benefit would be if it showed up on the race bike. In the interview, it seemed that race bikes may not need the shifter because keeping the voltage high on the bike allows the motor to have a lot of torque and a wider useful rpm range than would be possible with a lower voltage system. The current generation of single gear race bikes can do so well because they run at such high voltages. Nevertheless, a shifter may still be beneficial as it would allow even better performance!

The future of electric motorcycles sounds very promising. The only thing that I expect to regret about getting the Empulse in 2012 is that the 2013 model is going to be even better. In any case, I expect my Empulse to give me many years/miles of fun gasoline free riding.

Perhaps, in the future (if high voltage controllers will become more affordable) higher voltages will be more accepted. Personally, high voltages don't worry me much - "It's not the voltage, it's the current that kills." E.g: that little static electric spark that you get when you slide out of your car is about 500v (but only a tiny current)!
 :o
Richard #935 #595 #44

ttxgpfan

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2012, 06:17:54 PM »
Thanks guys.  I am really glad you liked it!  I wish I could take credit, but all I had to was let Brian go.

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Re: TTXGPod Episode 4: Interview with Brian Wismann of Brammo (full)
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2012, 06:20:39 PM »
I am still working on getting a workable transcript of it. Once I do, I'd like to post relevant excerpts of it on the brammo forum wiki, of that's okay.

ttxgpfan

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Re: TTXGPod Episode 4: Interview with Brian Wismann of Brammo (full)
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2012, 07:53:19 PM »
I am still working on getting a workable transcript of it. Once I do, I'd like to post relevant excerpts of it on the brammo forum wiki, of that's okay.

You have my blessing sir!