Author Topic: Brammo and Racing, 2012  (Read 5284 times)

FreepZ

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Empulse Experience
    • Email
Brammo and Racing, 2012
« on: February 15, 2012, 09:31:26 AM »
Here's the TTXGP North America 2012 Schedule:

Round 1
MAY 4th - MAY 6th
Infineon Raceway

Round 2
June 23rd - June 24th
Portland International Raceway

Round 3
August 31st - September 2nd
Miller Motorsports Park

Round 4
TTXGP WORLD FINAL 2012: October 19th - October 21st
Daytona International Raceway

Woohoo! Daytona is only 47 highway miles from my office! Now if only I could get an Empulse by then, that would be
*>~ Epic! ~<*
I just have to make sure that I can find a charger so that I can get back!

Full details here:
http://www.egrandprix.com/news.php?id=268

Does anybody know if Brammo plans to be there? I would assume that they would be since this news item is on Brammo's Facebook page, but who knows for sure?
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 09:35:30 AM by FreepZ »
Richard #935 #595 #44

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Brammo and Racing, 2012
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2012, 01:10:09 PM »
I just asked Brammo on their FB page what their plans were, relevant to TTXGP's announcement yesterday of the North American Racing Schedule.  They said:
"We plan to contest every North American Round of TTXGP and the World Final in Daytona. Plus the FIM race at Laguna Seca. More details and announcement of our new sponsor coming soon...."
Here's the TTXGP schedule:
TTXGP North America 2012 Schedule

14th February 2012

TTXGP press office

The TTXGP North America 2012 schedule has something for everyone, from major national motorcycle racing weekends to headlining an EV festival the calendar has been designed to offer a broad range appeal to multiple types of audiences in America.

TTXGP is pleased to confirm the following dates and venues for TTXGP North America 2012!   

Round 1
MAY 4th - MAY 6th
Infineon Raceway

Infineon has been home to the opening round of TTXGP since inception so we are very pleased to be kicking of the season at one of the greenest tracks in the US. The West Coast Moto Jam weekend is the ultimate 2 wheel fiesta;  As well as TTXGP fans will be treated to  six AMA Pro Road Racing main events on the road course, Supermoto USA on the karting track and FREE Demo rides in the expanded Motorsports Midway.  Ticket are available right now: Book tickets online  or by phone: 800-870-RACE (7223)

Round 2
June 23rd - June 24th
Portland International Raceway

The award winning City of Portland; often been referred to as one of the most environmentally friendly or "green" cities in the world and this summer adds to these credentials when it plays host to the region's first zero carbon race series. The TTXGP race will be the highlight of an EV bonanza with displays, demos and making up the OMRRA EV Festival.
For over three decades, the Oregon Motorcycle Road Racing Association has run safe, exciting, and competitive events for motorcycle road racers and their fans. Racers range from club level to professionals with national and international experience. The weekend will be actioned packed weekend and if you are in the Portland area it will be one not to be missed!  Tickets will be available from the gate; more information to be published shortly - check back here in the next few weeks for a full line up.

Round 3
August 31st - September 2nd
Miller Motorsports Park

Returning to this prestigious track with AHRMA, TTXGP is excited to return the famous Miller Motorsports Park. Mixing the old with the new and showcasing the historic with the future; the TTXGP race will be hosted by  one of the biggest associations in the world. The association has grown steadily over the years, now with over 4,000 members;  the Miller round represents represents one of its largest and busiest weekends. 

Miller Motorsports Park is a state-of-the-art road racing facility for automobiles, motorcycles and karts located just 35 minutes from downtown Salt Lake City in Tooele, Utah. It is considered the finest race track of its type in North America

Round 4

TBC

TTXGP WORLD FINAL 2012: October 19th - October 21st
Daytona International Speedway

For the first time in TTXGP History, we bring our World Final to the USA. Daytona International Speedway is the home to nine major weekends of racing activity, featuring everything from NASCAR to the Rolex Sports Car Series to the American Motorcyclist Association and the World Karting Association, as well as the booked for more than two solid months each year for testing and development of various race vehicles. As such offers racers and fans a world class venue and the perfect choice for the TTXGP WORLD FINAL 2012.
"The Speedway is a venue that is known throughout the world as a top-line race track - a place where everyone in motorsports wants to claim a victory," said Speedway President Joie Chitwood III. 

Team updates and ticketing information will follow over the coming weeks... follow us @TTXGP or on facebook at TTXGPOfficial
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

FreepZ

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Empulse Experience
    • Email
Re: Brammo and Racing, 2012
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2012, 02:43:41 PM »
Full details here:
http://www.egrandprix.com/news.php?id=268

Does anybody know if Brammo plans to be there?

Thanks for the confirmation, Brammofan.

I'm going to be at the final in October, since Daytona is only a 45 minute drive away for me. w00t! I just hope that I will be getting there on an Empulse. ;D

Is anybody else planning on being there?
Richard #935 #595 #44

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2012, 02:53:58 PM »
Skadamo and I are already plotting our escapes to Daytona. :D
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2012, 04:48:45 PM »
Daytona's the closest to me, by far. Nice to see the TTXGP show up on the east coast.
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/

Phantom

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2012, 05:44:29 PM »

If this is going to turn into an official Brammo Owners Forum get together, I might have to start making plans to go to Daytona.

EmpulseRider

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2012, 06:06:46 PM »
Wow, I am located as far away as possible from all but the Miller Motorsports Park event... I will have to shoot for that one. I imagine I will have my Empulse by then...

ElectRick

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2012, 11:13:12 PM »
I'd better start making plans I'm 1100 miles from the closest of these.

FreepZ

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Empulse Experience
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2012, 07:44:13 AM »
Some TTXGP insight from, quite appropriately, ttxgpfan:

Brammo is all in for 2012 TTXGP. Lightning has a dance partner!

Share and enjoy!
Richard #935 #595 #44

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2012, 10:46:16 AM »
interesting comment:

Jensen Beeler

Knowing what’s coming down the pipe from Brammo, I think fans of the Ashland, Oregon company are going to be pleased, as will electric motorcycle racing fans in general. Our little sport is growing up.

Dang....I would like to be "knowing what's coming down the pipe from Brammo" too....

gavin

FreepZ

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Empulse Experience
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2012, 03:26:35 PM »
I think that he may be referring to the new motor.

I have been told to expect a motor that is twice as powerful of the 2011 motor.

It could also be a better battery pack, and perhaps the transmission. However, after listening to that interview with Brian Wisman, I wouldn't be surprised of the 2012 RR didn't have a transmission, since operating the motor at very high voltage allows for a lot more torque over a wider range of RPM, and the RR does run at a high voltage.

Gavin's right though. All this is speculation -- I would like to know!
Richard #935 #595 #44

Virtually Yours

• Brammoholic
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2012, 10:40:09 AM »
ROAD TRIP ;D
I'm SUPER excited about TTXGP World Final Daytona! Especially with the recent news of possibly ??? having my Empulse by that time. I'm located in Palm Beach County just 220 miles south of Daytona International Speedway. I would like to make the road trip on my Empulse but Charge Points according to Plugshare.com could be a logistical challenge up the east coast of FL. Of course this bike ride is contingent upon the range of the bike at interstate speeds and if a Nissan dealership along the way would let me bum a charge...   
Actually Mine,
Empluse R

FreepZ

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Empulse Experience
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2012, 11:22:09 AM »
If we manage to get Empulses before October, perhaps we could meet up and be a biker gang! I have a house in Melbourne, which is about 85 miles south of Daytona. If you could make it up to there the night before, you could charge up and stay over, and then we could both head over to Daytona the next day. :)

85 miles is cutting it a bit close, so we would either have to ride pretty slow, or fill up along the way. We might get some sympathy from Nissan, but I heard that their chargers are only for Leafs. Alternatively, there are probably some restaurants along the way that would not begrudge us some power.

Of course, all of that is contingent on bikes being ready by then. :-\ If this thing firms up, and you're up for it, send me a Private Message and we can work out the details.
Richard #935 #595 #44

Virtually Yours

• Brammoholic
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2012, 12:06:25 PM »
 8) Awesome!
I will definitely be in touch!
Now the Empulse has two seats the Mrs. will be along for the ride. :-*
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 12:12:31 PM by Virtually Yours »
Actually Mine,
Empluse R

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2012, 12:29:14 PM »
One thing with electric bikes in particular is the faster you ride, the slower you charge (in terms of miles charged per hour).

At 45 mph you use charge at approximately 100 Wh/mile, or 4.5 kW average draw. You charge at 3 kW, or about 30 miles charged per hour. Therefore you will spend about 1.5 hours charging per hour riding. Total time with replenishment is 2.5 hours to go 45 miles, or 18 mph average.

At 55 mph you use charge at approximately 120 Wh/mile, or 6.6 kW average draw. You still charge at 3 kW, or about 25 miles charged per hour. Therefore you will spend about 2.2 hours charging per hour riding. Total time with replenishment is 3.2 hours to go 55 miles, or 17 mph average.

At 70-75 mph you use charge at approximately 180 Wh/mile, or 12.6 kW average draw. You still charge at 3 kW, or about 17 miles charged per hour. Therefore you will spend about 4-4.5 hours charging per hour riding (and note with the Empulse 10.0 you will probably only get about 60 miles at these speeds on a full charge). Total time with replenishment is 5.5 hours to go 70 miles, or 13 mph average.

Note that the Empulse 6 vs Empulse 10 doesn't affect the replenishment figures, you can just go for longer between charging stations and you have a larger buffer to start.
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/