Author Topic: Hollywood Electrics Zero Promotion  (Read 678 times)

FreepZ

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Empulse Experience
    • Email
Hollywood Electrics Zero Promotion
« on: February 19, 2012, 11:48:45 PM »
Hollywood Electrics is currently offering 0% financing (for 12 months) when you buy a Zero.

Their press page also has this:
Check out Matthew with his 2012 Zero DS ZF9. He's had his eyes on Zero Motorcycles for the last 5 years and after taking it for a test ride, he had to finally pull the trigger! Ride safe, Matthew!

Yikes! 5 years is a long time to wait! (I've only been waiting for the Empulse for about 11 months, and it's getting quite difficult!)

Good to see that the ZF9 is the bike that can suit his needs. I don't think that I would have bought the previous generation of bikes either  -- lack of range and too slow -- but the 2012 bikes are (going to be) great!
Richard #935 #595 #44

FreepZ

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Empulse Experience
    • Email
Re: Hollywood Electrics Zero Promotion
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2012, 05:48:35 PM »
Wow, it looks like their marketing is working!

Hollywood Electrics:
Big weekend at the shop! Sorry we are sold out of 2012 Zeros for a few days as they rode off with happy customers! We have more on the way don't worry!!!

Those bikes are flying out of the shop.
Richard #935 #595 #44

Richard230

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2012, 06:18:40 PM »
I had a little issue with my 2012 Zero S. It has randomly stalled twice at long traffic signals over the past 300 miles. After sitting around for a while, when I turned the throttle the bike would not move forward. Rebooting the bike got me going again.

I just received a call from Zero (who apparently reads my comments on the EM forum) and they are coming over to my home later this week to pick my bike up, take it to their factory, reprogram the controller, check it over and ride it around to make sure it is working OK and return it to my home.  When they pick it up, they will drop off a 2012 DS loaner for my to use until my S is returned.  That is great service and much better than I have ever had from any other motorcycle manufacturer.

I am sure that Brammo would have been just as responsive if I had bought one of their bikes.  I have to tell you, this type of customer service is really appreciated and it deserves some mention in the press when they write articles about Brammo and Zero. This type of after market customer service goes a long way to compensate the customer for the high initial price of an electric motorcycle and mitigates any concern about being a "early adopter".
current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2011 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Classic, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2007 BMW R1200R, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

FreepZ

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Empulse Experience
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2012, 10:45:31 PM »
I'm glad to hear that Zero takes care of their customers. It sounds like very good business sense too. If they can find, understand and fix issues sooner, it means less broken bikes and more happy customers in the long run.

Please keep up the reporting. I would like to know what your final impression of their product and service is, once the issue has been resolved.

I just hope those problems don't happen to me -- I live in Florida so it would be a bit more troublesome for someone to come on over (unless they put a service facility nearby). The best I could hope for would be some long telephone conversations.
Richard #935 #595 #44

Richard230

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2012, 10:44:27 AM »
If a problem is due to a computer programming glitch (which is something that I think Zero believes is the issue in this case), it could be resolved by reprogramming at your local dealer's shop.

BMW is always reprogramming FI computers on their newer models when you bring them in for service (ironically, several updates for the F800GS series have been to resolve stalling problems). The technician hooks the bike up to their service equipment, which is connected to the big brain at the factory in Germany and you get a new program installed - whether you want it or not.  On new models, some people report having their computers reprogrammed as many as 6 or 8 times.  That makes them a little worried, though. As apparently the BMW FI system can only be altered some 11 times - at least according to internet rumors.   ??? After this many updates (they say), the computer has to be replaced at a cost of $$$.   :o  Not that this has ever happened to anyone - or I am sure it would have been reported on the internet.   ;)
current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2011 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Classic, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2007 BMW R1200R, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.