Author Topic: Bike Reviews - When?  (Read 674 times)

FreepZ

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Empulse Experience
    • Email
Bike Reviews - When?
« on: March 02, 2012, 01:39:04 PM »
Does anybody have an idea of when we're going to start to see some reviews for the production bikes? Will it not be until the first production bikes are out of the factory (June for the Plus), or will it be sooner? Perhaps Brammo has some pre-production bikes that are very close to the final version.

I'd like to see what professional reviewers have to say about the bike.
Richard #935 #595 #44

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Bike Reviews - When?
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2012, 01:41:38 PM »
I'm just now starting to see reviews of the 2012 Zero bikes, and they've been out for a month or two.  As Gavin has said, "Perhaps Brammo was put on this Earth to teach me Patience."  :)
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

FreepZ

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Empulse Experience
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2012, 02:00:15 PM »
At the very least, I expect to see a bunch of reviews on this forum! Heck, there are 934 people in front of me, so I hope that someone is going to write a review or two.

That set of videos by Brammofan about the unpacking of his Enertia was pretty fun to watch (for me at least).

(Watch this on the YouTube site to get the subsequent videos.)
Richard #935 #595 #44

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2012, 02:13:47 PM »
From another thread:

Quoting delivery dates is tricky  (we are now very close to the magic 1000 pre-orders).
If you pre-order an Empulse today clearly you will be at the end of a long line !
The first time the final design appears in public will probably be at EICMA in November.
The first bikes from production will go into long term high mileage testing.
The second group will be used for homologation and type approval in USA/Europe/Asia
The next group will be made available to the media for review.
Then bikes will go to dealers in the different regions N America/ Europe / Asia
The dealers will deliver in the order the bikes were pre-ordered, some customers may want to delay their delivery, if this happens other pre-orders will move up the line.
Everyone who has pre-ordered will be kept full informed via the Empulse Newsletter and they will be contacted by their local dealer 90 days before their Empulse goes into production.

Rest assured delivering the Empulse in volume is our #1 priority.

Obviously they blew the EICMA date for both the Enertia Plus and the Empulse.

We've seen presumably production Enertia Pluses going into high mileage testing on Brammo's Facebook.

I would assume they're going through the homologation and type approval now, and we can expect the bikes to go out to media for review in the next month or so. Figure a 3-4 week lead time to conduct a thorough review and publish it on the web, so maybe we'll see reviews sometime in May.
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/