Author Topic: Bad editing?  (Read 631 times)

FreepZ

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Empulse Experience
    • Email
Bad editing?
« on: April 02, 2012, 12:54:09 AM »
Check out this bizarre trailer for "Unchained Reaction", a show that features the Myth Buster guys.

http://dsc.discovery.com/videos/unchained-reaction-serious-velocity.html

Jamie is very clearly riding an Enertia, but the producers saw fit to add the sound of a gas engine revving up, inserted shots of a rev counter and suspension that are clearly not part of the Enertia, and there's even a shot of Jamie apparently revving the engine with his left hand. What in the world were they trying to do? Perhaps appeal the masses who won't understand that they are looking at a motorcycle unless it goes "vroom!"? That is as cheesy as all those science fiction shows have sound in space and make their space craft behave as if they were flying though the air. Boo! :(

I suppose this could be a fun game of "Spot the errors." Can anybody find any more?

Hopefully, in the actual show, they are going to talk about what an Enertia really is.
Richard #935 #595 #44

Richard230

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
Re: Bad editing?
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2012, 09:49:53 AM »
Is that the new Plus?    ;D

Could the film negative have been reverse-printed?   ???

Could Jamie have modified his Enertia to make it operate like a 1940's Indian?   ::)

It got my attention. I am going to have to watch that show to see how they are going to unchain the Enertia so that it reacts with something.   ;D  Or maybe the challenge will be for the two teams to attempt to put the Enertia back to its original condition.   ;)
current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2011 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Classic, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2007 BMW R1200R, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
Re: Bad editing?
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2012, 10:28:51 AM »
The brake is on his right grip, that was my first thought too.

It's presumably ghetto-engineered in some fashion, that seems to be the theme of the show : P My guess is the left grip rotates and controls a speaker that looks like an exhaust. Or something : )
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/