Author Topic: TTXGP World Final in Daytona + Biketoberfest  (Read 981 times)

FreepZ

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Empulse Experience
    • Email
TTXGP World Final in Daytona + Biketoberfest
« on: April 09, 2012, 12:08:46 PM »
According to TTXGP, the world final will be in Daytona on 19-21 October. I plan to attend, but I have very little idea of what to expect, and what there is to do at Daytona during those days.

Does anybody know what's going to be happening and when? Are there going to be races from all three days? If not, what will be happening when there isn't a race?

My guess would be:
  • Friday: Practice?
  • Saturday: More Practice, or qualifying?
  • Sunday: The race.

Is it worth going to the track all three days? What do people do after being at the track? Have you every been to one of these races? Can you tell me about your experiences?

I know that Biketoberfest will be happening, but I don't know what people normally do for the either. Have you been? If so, what did you do?
Richard #935 #595 #44

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: TTXGP World Final in Daytona + Biketoberfest
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2012, 03:32:58 PM »
According to TTXGP, the world final will be in Daytona on 19-21 October. I plan to attend, but I have very little idea of what to expect, and what there is to do at Daytona during those days.

Does anybody know what's going to be happening and when? Are there going to be races from all three days? If not, what will be happening when there isn't a race?

My guess would be:
  • Friday: Practice?
  • Saturday: More Practice, or qualifying?
  • Sunday: The race.
I'd say that's about right.

Is it worth going to the track all three days?
Yes! If you know who to ask, you might just be able to get a sort of VIP pass that will get you into the paddock - where, among others, Brammo's racing team hangs out.  It's a great behind-the-scenes experience, and one I look forward to at each race I attend.  Even if you don't end up with one of those, you can usually cruise the marketplace - and Brammo should have a tent there (if it's anything like their presence at Laguna Seca.  You'll likely get a chance to sit on the bike you might be contemplating purchasing.  Not likely that you'll get a test ride, but stranger things have happened.
What do people do after being at the track? Have you every been to one of these races? Can you tell me about your experiences?

I've been fortunate enough to attend three TTXGP races (Infineon in 2010 and Laguna Seca in 2010 and 2011) and after racing (or practice) is done, I have gone to dinner with folks from various teams or from TTXGP.  I don't usually stay out late, because I like getting an early start and watching things start to happen at the track.  I brought my wife to Laguna Seca in 2010 and, although we had very nice dinners, I will likely not bring her to another race - and she is likely happy about that.  Unless you're at least a bit interested in motorcycles -- she is not -- it is not a pleasant time.  The ICE bikes are LOUD and the crush of humanity at LS was substantial - in excess of 100,000 people. 

I had a better time either unattached, or hanging with Skadamo (Infineon) or with various folks I knew previously only from web forums or email. (e.g. Azhar Hussain, thespecialone - a/k/a Adrian Stewart, Brian Wismann, Aaron Bland, Dave Harvey (socaltech) Jennifer Rafiner (brammojen), Domenick Yoney (reporter for AutoBlogGreen), etc. 

I know that Biketoberfest will be happening, but I don't know what people normally do for the either. Have you been? If so, what did you do?
Can't help you with that, but I imagine it's a lot of bikes, lot of people, and all sorts of depravity.

I'm pretty sure that both I and skadamo will be in attendance.  We should definitely have a brammoforum meetup. :D
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2012, 03:56:05 PM »
I'm thinking about Seca...

100,000 people is not a draw for me....humans are about my 37th favorite animal...

but i would enjoy seeing the team and the bike up close...

no major airport close...so would have to fly into San Jose or Oakland and rent a cage for a few days...

kinda hoping I could drive out in a pick up truck and ride home with my Plus...but haven't heard if that is possible... :)

Gavin

ttxgpfan

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2012, 03:58:50 PM »
Wouldn't Miller Motorsports Park in Utah be close to you Gavin?

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Re: Re: TTXGP World Final in Daytona + Biketoberfest
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2012, 04:19:09 PM »

no major airport close...so would have to fly into San Jose or Oakland and rent a cage for a few days...
I flew into San Francisco, took a bus to Monterey ($40, I think), picked up my credentials at the Embassy Suites, then took the free bus to the track.
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2012, 04:44:40 PM »
Wouldn't Miller Motorsports Park in Utah be close to you Gavin?

630 miles from Albuquerque...it is the closest, though not really close...

the upside of Miller is A) only 30 miles from a large airport as opposed to Seca and B) Miller is a fun looking race track

But Miller isn't as big a "show"...

It kinda depends...If I can pick up my Plus at Seca...I go to Seca....If I can pick up my Plus at Miller, I go to Miller...if I can't get my Plus at either (dealer delivery only)...I probably go to Seca just to see all the crazy...

Gavin

FreepZ

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Empulse Experience
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2012, 09:49:52 AM »
You'll likely get a chance to sit on the bike you might be contemplating purchasing.  Not likely that you'll get a test ride, but stranger things have happened.

I do expect to be able to test ride an Empulse at Daytona. I emailed Brammo a while back to ask them if I would have a bike by then, and I got a reply from Adrian that said:
Quote from: thespecialone
If you don’t have your Empulse by Daytona I will certainly bring one for you to ride :).

I'm pretty sure that both I and skadamo will be in attendance.  We should definitely have a brammoforum meetup. :D

Definitely agree with that idea!
Richard #935 #595 #44