Author Topic: Riding the curves!  (Read 2738 times)

enertia-ette

• Empulse Guru
  • My Enertia, Dorothy
    • View Profile
    • Motorcycle Travel America
    • Email
Riding the curves!
« on: April 30, 2010, 12:12:50 AM »
Woke up this morning with a little time on my hands! That rarely happens...  So, what do you think I decided to do? Go for a ride with my bike, Dorothy.
The weather has been wet but, today promised some sunshine or at least it promised not to pour on me. The weatherman was wrong! Nothing was going to stop me and I had ridden her in the rain before. Because there are no gears, there is no risk of hitting the power band and kicking the bike out from under you. That doesnt mean you cant slip on slick pavement with oil residue, but it does lessen the risks a bit. I ride like an old lady anyway...oh wait, I am an old lady!  ::)
My daughter in law had mentioned that my new little grandbaby was missin his grammy...Im such a sucker for the grandkids..so, I headed over there. I was wearing jeans and my converse high tops with a hooded rain jacket and figured I would be fine. I hadnt made it a mile from the house when it began to pour.  The day was cool but not cold and the wind was light. The kick up water from the tires drenched the legs of my jeans and my shoes, every few minutes I used my glove like a windshield wiper on my shield, and I zipped my jacket up tight under my chin to keep the drips from my helmet from sliding down my shirt. It was STILL a great ride!
When I got to my sons house, I hooked the bike up to the electrical outlet. While I was charging, my son took some great pics of the girl. He adorned my bike with two new stickers...Pics to follow.
After I took plenty of time to dry off..by playing with my grandson, HEHE, my son pulled out his bike and took me on his favorite ride up to Skyline Blvd. The curves are numerous, gentle, and go for miles. Its one right after the other. That gentle leaning back and forth can take the stress out of you in a New York minute. The road is good and the traffic is light. At the two or three stop signs my son would say, "How much juice ya got, Mom?" I made it back to his house with less than 30%. It was a great ride but riding with my boy made it sweeter.
I have started riding to the bank, the post office, and any other errands that dont require that I carry anything bigger than my backpack can accomodate. Tomorrow I have to jury duty. I am talking to the local sheriffs office to see if they will let me plug in my bike while Im in the court house. My little bike will be sitting amongst the big bikes...ewwww. I will do a story with pictures if they let me hook up.
So, the bike is great in the rain, great in the curves, and great for around the town errands. In my opinion, this bike would be perfect if they would just put charging stations around town for me to use!!

Rubber side up everyone!!  8)

skadamo

• Administrator
  • Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
    • Plug Bike
    • Email
Re: Riding the curves!
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2010, 01:24:36 PM »
Great ride report! Must be great riding with your son.

Tomorrow I have to jury duty. I am talking to the local sheriffs office to see if they will let me plug in my bike while Im in the court house. My little bike will be sitting amongst the big bikes...ewwww. I will do a story with pictures if they let me hook up.

Just realized how much the need to plug in is going to force owners to talk about the bike. It's like a purple cow on growth hormone.

enertia-ette

• Empulse Guru
  • My Enertia, Dorothy
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2010, 01:43:13 AM »
They called me back but I was already in reporting. I decided not to take a chance and drove. Made me pissy all morning, too!!  I had to sit in a room and look out the windows at the blue sky. Man.
I was talking to my local Brammo rep and he was saying that he plugs in at different places. He was up in Seattle last week but, Im supposed to take a couple rides with him. All I want to know is where he plugs in!! Its not what you know, its who you know and where they plug in.... :D

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2010, 08:49:43 AM »
Its not what you know, its who you know and where they plug in....
A new motto for the 21st Century!
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

enertia-ette

• Empulse Guru
  • My Enertia, Dorothy
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2010, 02:53:00 PM »
Amen, brother!!