Author Topic: Vaporware cars  (Read 628 times)

FreepZ

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Empulse Experience
    • Email
Vaporware cars
« on: May 07, 2012, 01:02:27 PM »
This article from GreenCarReporst talks about cars that are "real" and those that have just been developed to satisfy California's ZEV requirements.

Once either the Volvo C30 EV or the Fiat 500 EV comes out I will be trading in my current gas Fiat for an all electric cage. If either is delayed too long I will get another EV...maybe a Honda Fit EV or similar.
(Emphasis added by me)

Sorry Gavin, it looks like the Fiat 500 EV and the Honda Fit EV are both on the list of "compliance cars". (I was thinking of getting a Honda Fit EV too, but I'm not holding my breath any more...)

Happily, neither the Enertia Plus nor the Empulse are anything but real bike that we will all be able to buy real soon! :D
Richard #935 #595 #44

CliC

• View Profile
Re: Vaporware cars
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 07:40:02 PM »
This article and some of the comments had me laughing. First, CA lawmakers get taught (note that I didn't say "learn") that legislating carmakers to make vehicles that apparently aren't making money for them doesn't work. Then, in the comments, I read that Nissan Leaf dealers are marking them up from MSRP. Way to soften that electric price premuim for consumers. Jeez.

I'm like you, Gavin. I was able to walk into a dealership and buy an electric bike off the showroom floor. I paid a premium over an equivalent ICE bike, but not an unreasonable one (and I didn't need subsidies to convince me). And it's actually fun to ride. No wonder Zero's doing well this year. I suspect Brammo will too with the new Empulse.