Author Topic: Brammo Mentioned (barely) in new Issue of Motorcyclist  (Read 972 times)

Mithion

• Brammovangelist
  • Raised on a Harley but all about electric power!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Brammo Mentioned (barely) in new Issue of Motorcyclist
« on: May 14, 2012, 03:31:15 PM »
June issue, page 48, Article titled "Drawing The Line, The God of Electricity". It talks about Honda getting serious about electric racing and the TT Zero. It simply mentions Brammo and other as they put it "tiny" electric motorcycle manufacturers. Decent read, thought I would share.

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Brammo Mentioned (barely) in new Issue of Motorcyclist
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2012, 03:36:06 PM »
Thanks, Mithion.  Not exactly sure how I ended up with a subscription to it -- took a poll, maybe? But they do tend to cover the electrics every other issue or so.
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

Mithion

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2012, 03:41:20 PM »
Forgot when I made the original post, there is also an article on the BRD Redshift, page 20. It's good to see a rag meant for conventional bikes taking notice of the electrics, especially mentioning several in a single issue.

Richard230

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2012, 04:57:22 PM »
I think motorcycle magazine editors are finally getting a little tired of IC motorcycles and are looking to get their thrills from something a little different.  Plus, they would like to get the big guys to jump into the EV market - if for no other reason than to be asked to attend more over-seas new model launches and to generate more advertizing revenue.   ;)
current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2011 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Classic, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2007 BMW R1200R, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

Mithion

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2012, 05:54:11 PM »
I can't wait until the electric bike industry is big enough for the first magazine fully dedicated to electric motorcycles and that whole community to come out. It would be called something simple like "E-Bike" or "Powercycle", maybe "Electricycle" (nome of those are original names by me, heard most of them on these forums and in various e-bike websites)

Richard230

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2012, 02:41:32 PM »
The Brammo Enertia was given a half-page article in Motorcyclist magazine's Up To Speed section on page 22. This is in their September gold and black 100th Anniversary "collector's edition" issue.  Nothing new in the article other than this statement at the end of the article: " Look for a full test soon" .  And yes, the statement was in bold print.

The lower half of the page was about the MotoCzysz breaking the "ton" at the IOM.

Finally, on page 38 is a full-page column by James Parker, titled "Aero by Numbers", discussing computer models for addressing aerodynamics and shows the MotoCzysz e1pc as an example of a sophisticated motorcycle streamlining design.  He says that the most significant issue with motorcycle aerodynamics is the rider, which is very difficult to model in a computer program. No big surprise there.
current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2011 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Classic, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2007 BMW R1200R, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.