Author Topic: The Electric "Aftermarket"  (Read 618 times)

Mithion

• Brammovangelist
  • Raised on a Harley but all about electric power!
    • View Profile
    • Email
The Electric "Aftermarket"
« on: June 10, 2012, 09:22:43 PM »
As I am sure we all know when it comes to motorcycles there is an endless amount of aftermarket customization out there from paint, wheels, grips, pegs, bars, lights, fairings, decals, seats etc.. The list goes on and on like a Journey song.

Do you think that eventually there will be an aftermarket similar to this for electric motorcycles? If so, what types of things do you see coming out that would be unique to an electric platform?

Richard230

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
Re: The Electric "Aftermarket"
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2012, 09:30:59 AM »
How about a 120-volt power inverter for running your house lights when the power goes off.   ;D
current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2011 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Classic, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2007 BMW R1200R, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

ttxgpfan

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2012, 03:46:45 PM »
As long as wheel and other things like that stay within the standards of the motorcycle industry I think you will see the companies that make all the bells and whistles for bikes making stuff for the Brammos in a year or so, as long as they see a market emerging.  I absolutely see an aftermarket performance industry appearing in 2 to 5 years.  Upgraded battery packs and hot BMS and controller maps.  Upgraded radiators and coolant pumps to handle the extra power, ect.  I see not flame wars, but full on flame armageddon over gear ratios for the single speed bikes.  After market rotors and windings too.  The fairing companies going all MotoCzysz on aftermarket fairings.  Any thing a guy or girl can get their hands on to one up their buddy, just like they do now.  You had better believe a few will be out for ICE blood too.

"Age of the geek, baby."

Mithion

• Brammovangelist
  • Raised on a Harley but all about electric power!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2012, 07:32:10 PM »
At first I dont see people really messing with the actual drive train since IMO the average person is not as well versed in electric components as say ICE knowledge. I do see small handheld "chip" devices that allow the rider to mess with different settings in the software. The easy stuff will be things like wheels, grips/pegs etc.