Author Topic: One BILLION dollars  (Read 763 times)

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
One BILLION dollars
« on: July 13, 2012, 09:24:44 AM »

From the Wall Street Journal:
Electric motorcycle maker Brammo, which just raised $13 million, is taking a page from the Tesla Motors handbook and applying it to the powersports sector, hoping that a similarly successful IPO will be in the cards one day. “Our goal is to have a greater than a billion dollar IPO,” said Chief Executive Craig Bramscher. It’s a level of ambition that’s not often heard in today’s clean-tech world.
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

Richard230

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
Re: One BILLION dollars
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2012, 09:33:11 AM »
One billion dollars sounds great (to everyone but the Federal government), but what will they do with it?  That is the question.   ???

If Zero had a billion dollars, I'll bet they would spend it real quick before some investor cashed out and bought a new mansion in Los Altos Hills.   ::)
current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2011 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Classic, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2007 BMW R1200R, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
Re: One BILLION dollars
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2012, 10:03:28 AM »
Given the choice between the two, I would rather see Brammo produce bikes than IPOs. Hopefully they are not in conflict.

WSJ article was short on details, it's not clear if this is pie-in-the-sky thinking or if an IPO is the next round of funding Brammo will seek. I hope they have a successful launch of the production Empulae and Enertia Plus before they divert any attention to an IPO.
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/