Author Topic: Great story by Enertia-ette  (Read 2382 times)

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Great story by Enertia-ette
« on: May 24, 2010, 03:47:52 PM »
Stolen from her blog:
the adventures of dorothy, the first 100 miles..part one.
This story starts out with “once upon a time”….
Once upon a time there was a lady. She loved motorcycles. Her whole family rode them, street and dirt! So, she decided to start a “family” business and develope a motorcycle website. She wanted to provide information that the family could use, maps, events, and lots of motorcycle information. She wanted to provide information about ALL types of motorcycles and so she decided to “surf the web” for all the latest news. She surfed day and night and, along with everything else, she found an article on a company called Brammo Motosport in Ashland, Oregon (http://www.brammo.com/home/). The lady was intrigued!!  As she read away she discovered that they produced an electric motorcycle called the Enertia. It was even made from recycled material.  Ewww…Ahhh. Her VERY green grand-daughter would think she was a hero. She had to see one, to hear one, or ‘NOT’ hear one, as is the case of an electric bike!
After much investigation, the decision was made to take a test ride on the bike. By that time, they were being sold at the local Best Buy store in Portland, Oregon, her hometown http://www.bestbuy.com/. What luck for the lady!! She made the trip to the store, located near the Portland airport. Just through the front door sat the beautiful Enertia electric motorcycle in all its glory. It was fabulous! The purchase was made on the spot, February 4,2010. The man in charge of the purchase, Chris Hertz, made the experience perfect.

As luck would have it, the weather turned bad. It toyed with the lady! She waited for days to go get her new motorcycle and bring her home to live. On the days when the heavens didn’t pour down on her, she would have to work and toil. On the days when she could go pick up the bike and ride her home, the rain came. After many…..and I do mean, MANY calls to Chris Hertz of Best Buy, there was a ray of sunshine on the horizon. Chris was so understanding and yet so tired of listening to the constant whining from the lady…she wanted her bike to come home so badly… that Chris needed to find a way to help the her and maintain his sanity.

One call to the Brammo company and a request for help brought the answer. David Murray, a Brammo tech for the same area where the lady lived, drove to the Best Buy store by the Portland airport, picked up the sweet little electic ride, tied it into the back of his pick-up, and drove it out to the ladies house! There, on March 2, 2010, the Enertia electric motorcycle and the lady were united. David Murray arrived at the house of the lady, lovingly unloaded the Enertia, went over all the aspects of the bikes elements, and even took the bike for a spin… just to make sure all was right. The lady was so happy!!
The end….. or is it? Not even…
I want to take this opportunity to thank all the participants in this little story… my story! Thank-you, Chris and Thank-you, David. My Enertia, Dorothy, and I are very happy together. We are commuter buddies and have been all over town together. And, that’s where the story goes next. Please hold for the sequel, “The Adventure of Dorothy, The First 100 Miles, Part 2..”.

Lady Godiva on wheels… all over town with Dorothy
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

enertia-ette

• Empulse Guru
  • My Enertia, Dorothy
    • View Profile
    • Motorcycle Travel America
    • Email
Re: Great story by Enertia-ette
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2010, 05:00:41 AM »
There ya go again... ya beat me to the punch. I wont be sick forever, ya know. Although, it sure feels like it.
Thanx, buddy.

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Great story by Enertia-ette
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2010, 07:45:16 AM »
Get well, soon, Judy.  HellCatCustoms should get those panels to you any day now, and you need to show them off.
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki