Author Topic: Participating in an PEV Owner's Panel  (Read 850 times)

implovator

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
Participating in an PEV Owner's Panel
« on: September 26, 2012, 12:56:15 PM »
They're having an event at local Raleigh business and I was asked to participate in a panel representing PEV owners. There's a Volt owner, two Leaf owners, and myself. One of the Leaf owners also did a Chevy S10 conversion. I'm pretty excited, because it's supposed to be attended by the Mayors of Raleigh, Durham, and Cary.

As an EV early adopter, you definitely adopt the role of spokesperson / evangelist / advocate. When you pull up to the grocery store and see someone approaching from your periphery, so suck up the irritation at being held up and put a smile on. You answer their questions enthusiastically and throw in a quip or two. Then on your way out of the grocery store, you wait until the coast is clear and run to your bike. :)

In all seriousness, it's always a pleasure, but it's somewhat of a responsibility. It's going to be nice to have an audience for this event of people who are much more capable of making a larger difference.

Also, does it send the wrong message if I hang a "For Sale" sign off of the Enertia? The panel is on Monday, think I can get an Empulse R out here, Brammo?

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
Re: Participating in an PEV Owner's Panel
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2012, 01:58:54 PM »
It's your bike, not ours. If you want to advertise its sale then go for it : P
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/