Author Topic: The sad story of my Enertia + order  (Read 3137 times)

FrankH

• Empulse Guru
  • First Enertia+ in the Netherlands!
    • View Profile
The sad story of my Enertia + order
« on: September 30, 2012, 02:17:04 PM »
As you may remember, last August I ordered a black Enertia+ here in the Netherlands. Delivery would be end of August, the Belgian distributor promised. I could not be happier that the long wait was finally over!
I was going the be the first Brammo owner in the Netherlands! I decided not waste anymore money on repairs of my old motorcycle and sold it, because a shiny new Enertia+ would soon replace it.

But sadly, now it's the end of September and the bike is still not delivered. First, according to the Belgium distributor, the Hong Kong Police deal was the explanation, because they were given preference.
The second time around, availability of parts was given as the reason for another delay.
After a third delay, announced last week, until mid-november, my dealer lost faith in the Belgians and cancelled the deal, and will refund my €1000 deposit.
And I'm back at square 1, with no idea when or how I can get my Enertia+. And even though I feel sad and stupid for believing that the wait would come to an end, I still want one, I think.

I hope there will be a happy ending to this story...

kingcharles

• Empulse E1 80-MF-DR
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
Re: The sad story of my Enertia + order
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2012, 03:23:01 PM »
Really sad news indeed!
Dealers losing fate in Brammo is also a bad sign!

I will ask the Brammo guys at Intermot what's going on and will use your example, let's see what their explanation for the delays are...

So looks like Enertia+ in EU in 2012 is becoming 2013? Probably means Empulse will move to 2014 for EU?

Once you go EV, gas is history!

FrankH

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2012, 04:17:37 PM »
Before I posted this story here, I contacted Brammo sales as well. Thankfully I received a reply pretty quickly from Brammo's director of Marketing, Adrian Stewart. He's going to look into this and apologised for what has happened. He said he'll "contact me tomorrow to confirm when my Enertia Plus will be available". All hope is not lost...

Deadly Silent Ninja

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2012, 07:03:10 PM »
Well, as always, great service, no bikes...  :-\

I know they are positioning themselves for the bulk order market, but all this confusion with delivery dates just makes them look unreliable. If they, or one of their representatives as is the case, promise a product on a certain date, they need to make good on their word. It's better to stop with the promises and just say "I don't know, but soon," than keep frustrating people who are "hearts and souls" trying to make the brand look good. If you don't have a date, don't give a date. All this damage management just sucks valuable time the company could be doing something proactive, instead of reactive.

We are in October now and no sign of pluses and Empulses in the hands of individual consumers. With Zero having all the recalls, electric cars not selling in the US, etc. things are starting to look weird for EVs. The "gasers" are putting out better and more attractive products and the EV market is not responding well. I haven't seen much talk about electrics in the media after the Empuse launching. I can't even find those articles about the Empulse anymore.

Maybe it's time for the EV fans to regroup and re-energize the push for EVs again, before it fades too much. We could also use another Polaris; another big player to announce something big, but seeing the Leaf's and Volt's sales dwindling might not be the best sign for the other big ones to take a stand on EVs (or at least, not one that we would like to see). Of course, it wouldn't hurt to have some people actually riding some Enertias + and some Empulses around... (hint-hint, Brammo; hint-hint  ;)) I still think that having some of those in the streets is the best promotion EVs can have. Solid, good-looking machines that can impress the regular consumers. Tic-toc, Brammo.

« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 07:05:25 PM by Deadly Silent Ninja »

CBke

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2012, 07:27:38 PM »
As you may remember, last August I ordered a black Enertia+ here in the Netherlands. Delivery would be end of August, the Belgian distributor promised. I could not be happier that the long wait was finally over!
I was going the be the first Brammo owner in the Netherlands! I decided not waste anymore money on repairs of my old motorcycle and sold it, because a shiny new Enertia+ would soon replace it.

Well, same story here (delivery end august), lot of promises but nothing...
At least I have my old CB two-fifty running.

CBke

ttxgpfan

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2012, 09:48:34 PM »
Honda is bringing back the V-4 sport bike, ala RC30.  I may buckle.  Not that I can afford either at the moment.

Actually, it sounds like I needs to do another interview with someone from Brammo.  I suspect Brian is too busy.  But that is just a feeling.

kingcharles

• Empulse E1 80-MF-DR
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2012, 04:39:45 AM »
I spoke to Hans Eder (Head of dealer development Europe) at Intermot yesterday. The earliest date for the plus to arrive is November 15.
EU headquarters is in Germany and they have already a list of orders to fulfil. So no way he could say when the first bike would ship to Holland.

FreepZ

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Empulse Experience
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2012, 12:22:07 PM »
I wonder what Brammo and Flextronics are doing over there in Hungary. They've had that factory going since July 2011 (about 15 months). Have they been churning out 2012 Enertias? Perhaps they've been building some E+s too, but they are waiting for a certain number before the bikes are shipped. Who can say?
Richard #935 #595 #44

FrankH

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2012, 01:15:23 PM »
I wonder what Brammo and Flextronics are doing over there in Hungary.

According to Brammo, they've been building Hong Kong Police Enertia LE's, and after the summer holidays (when apparently they did nothing) they had problems getting production back to speed because of parts availabiltity problems.
Now it seems that the mid-november date is real (meaning no deliveries BEFORE then, no promises made about when they do have bikes available).
Nothing new there.
Brammo keeps saying that they're working on getting my bike into my hands ASAP, but I've heard that before. Still, what are my options? When I switch to a Zero, I guess the closest competitor to the Enertia+ is the XU but I don't really like the looks of that one (although I think I could get used to it). The S is more Empulse territory (and more expensive). And I'm not going to buy a 2012 model now so I'd have to wait anyway. My dealer came back from Intermot with some hope of another way to sell me that bike, through another Dutch company that could become a Brammo importer (but not yet approved).  Let's see where this goes in the next few weeks...

kingcharles

• Empulse E1 80-MF-DR
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2012, 03:10:35 PM »
The 2013 Zero FX would be the Enertia Plus alternative with a LOT more power. Just fit some road tires and you're done...

oml

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2012, 04:21:57 PM »
And thats great! some real competition cant hurt.
Only problem is that brammo, if they continue to delay, continue to break promises and continue to scare away potential customers (european empulse in mid 2013 ?!? zero will then be announcing their 2014 modells soon) might actually go under.
As I still prefer Brammo-styling faaar over Zero-styling (harhar! they didnt realize that while choosing company names, did they? :D) and generally like Brammos "shipping when its done"-attitude Im quite sad to realize that they might loose, or even have already lost the edge.
I do hope they get their stuff together. CHAdeMo integration for the european empulse would be all for now, as well as ABS :)

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Re: Re: The sad story of my Enertia + order
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2012, 04:31:25 PM »
As I still prefer Brammo-styling faaar over Zero-styling (harhar! they didnt realize that while choosing company names, did they? :D)
A question I've asked myself many times, although there's not a lot of room to criticize,  with a name like "Brammo."
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

oml

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2012, 05:34:52 PM »
A question I've asked myself many times, although there's not a lot of room to criticize,  with a name like "Brammo."
May you please explain? I have no association than Brammo Inc to that word and cant imagine one.

FreepZ

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Empulse Experience
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2012, 06:03:59 PM »
Brammo is very close to "Blammo", which is like is a sound effect you might see in comic 1950's books when the Hero punches somebody out of a window. That's probably no coincidence since "Brammo" was Craig Bramscher's nickname when he played American Football.

Other than that, it doesn't really mean anything. Over time, Brammo will hopefully give it some pretty cool meaning, but for people who have never heard of the motorcycle company, "Brammo" probably sounds a bit comical.
Richard #935 #595 #44

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2012, 06:07:31 PM »
May you please explain? I have no association than Brammo Inc to that word and cant imagine one.

Pop culture aficionados associate "Brammo" with similarly named fictional company "Blammo" from the cartoon Ren & Stimpy.  Blammo Inc in the cartoon had a product called "log" that was supposed to be a toy for children, but was actually just a log of wood.  Here is a sample of the cartoon:

LOG From BLAMMO! on Vimeo

Blammo was a play on the name of real toy company "Wham-O" (which also sounds a whole lot like Brammo).  Wham-o had an iconic advertising slogan where singers sang "from Wham-O" in a certain way at the end of every ad for any Wham-O product.  That slogan still holds plenty of pop culture strength, even though it dates back to the 70's/80's.