Author Topic: Brammo Dealer Road Tour  (Read 1322 times)

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Brammo Dealer Road Tour
« on: October 17, 2012, 08:18:07 AM »
BRDT, for short.

Craig Bramscher tweeted this photo (and the acronym) yestersday:

Brammo Dealer Road Tour (BDRT) Go team Brammo go! Visiting all of our favorite dealers, new and established!

Aside from the fact that they need to re-think the weight distribution in that trailer, any thoughts or comments?
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

implovator

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Brammo Dealer Road Tour
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2012, 09:21:12 AM »
Coming soon[-ish] to a dealer near[-ish] you. :)

Come to find out, Sheffield Financial is in Winston-Salem, NC and so it's a stop on the BDRT. I don't have an ETA, so it's unlikely that I'd be able to schedule in a trip from Raleigh to Winston-Salem. I really don't care for a test ride, but I would like say hello to them. Now if MY Empulse is on that trailer, then heck yeah I'm going. Adrian, did they pack my Empulse? :)

I wish someone on the truck would run Google Latitude or something similar so that we could track their progress. It could be a security risk, but I'm sure there's some app out there that they could lock down sufficiently.

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2012, 09:26:18 AM »
I wish someone on the truck would run Google Latitude or something similar so that we could track their progress.

Hear, hear!

They're being a bit secretive about their itinerary, though, so I doubt we will find out anything.  If they come anywhere close to KC - I'm going.
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

FreepZ

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Empulse Experience
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2012, 09:39:11 AM »
Not publishing their itinerary doesn't make sense to me. If they are "on tour", shouldn't they be advertising the venues?

Don't they want flocks of curious potential customers to gather at each stop? Or do they hope to grab the attention of whomever just happens to be wherever they stop?
???
Richard #935 #595 #44

Richard230

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2012, 10:28:03 AM »
The only explanation that comes to my mind to explain why the itinerary of the tour is not being published is that the purpose of the tour is to sign up retail dealers and not to generate customer sales.
current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2011 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Classic, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2007 BMW R1200R, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

EmpulseRider

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2012, 12:46:31 PM »
I think they will be announcing some new dealerships on their tour, and at the moment which dealerships, and where is privileged information. No, I do not know any details, but I do know that there MAY be a dealership selling Brammo motorcycles here in CO very soon. I have not heard anything definitive yet.

implovator

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2012, 12:59:41 PM »
Brian also posted this on Twitter this AM:
On the way to Daytona via Seattle via Charlotte... I think the Euro teams can get to Daytona faster than we can!

Does anyone know if their race hauler is different from the BDRT hauler? Pure speculation, but it would be nice to combine these trips as it would cut down on travel AND they could show the race bikes along the tour as well. And driving from Oregon to FL pretty much covers CONUS. Hmmmm......

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2012, 03:08:21 PM »
Different

Gavin

00049 (AKA SopFu)

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2012, 04:27:50 PM »
I thought they were supposed to be in Milwaukee yesterday or today, but the dealer never called me back.  I was busy yesterday, and the weather isn't cooperating today, so I did not bother to follow up.  I wouldn't mind seeing a schedule.
'03 SV650
'13 Empulse #49
Wheaton, IL

EmpulseRider

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2012, 05:18:48 PM »
I wonder if they are driving straight through to Daytona then starting the tour from there and ending back on the west coast.

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2012, 06:40:47 PM »
I think they will be announcing some new dealerships on their tour, and at the moment which dealerships, and where is privileged information. No, I do not know any details, but I do know that there MAY be a dealership selling Brammo motorcycles here in CO very soon. I have not heard anything definitive yet.

I've heard some buzz about a Colorado Brammo dealer too.  Could be an interesting week next week.