Author Topic: Day of the Dead Parade...  (Read 1785 times)

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
Day of the Dead Parade...
« on: November 04, 2012, 06:49:30 PM »
 OMG was it beautiful. And HOT. Over 80 degrees and no breeze.

But just a lovely day. AND SO MANY HUMANS!!!!

At least a thousand in the parade alone...and then over a mile of people lining the road. It was insane.

I will put up some photos and video later.

I didn't get to film while riding because:

A) Panda Head...I now know what it's going to be like if I have glaucoma when I'm 80...Even at 2 mph I was having a tough time.
B) I had a lovely passenger....Jessi....and thought I should ride safe.
C) I couldn't see, but everyone, Jessi included, was throwing candy to the kids and they are darting out into the street to get it...running over an adorable 4 year old who is wearing day of the dead makeup is a No No...even here in New Mexico.

I forget just how much work it is...and with today being HOT, well I was sweating in that big head. (it is not usually over 80 degrees in November...)

But the head was a hit...everybody was yelling out, "Panda...Panda"...well except one kid who yelled out "Kitty"...and one who yelled, "Koala Bear"....

Jessi said it was like riding with a rock star. :)

Fun times....even groups of usually surly teens were stopping Jessi and I and asking to have their picture taken with us...

Sad I wasn't on a Brammo...I was on my MP3-500...People tend to like the MP3 as it is pretty unique...but next year for sure on a Brammo....

I will make bigger eye holes and maybe better ventilation next year...or just up my motorcycle insurance to cover running over small children...

Gavin

jessi already put up a self portrait on Facebook...me? nothing yet...gotta go to the bros and watch football...then the other bros to watch walking dead...

busy busy :)

Jessi

« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 06:53:10 PM by Gavin »

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
Re: Day of the Dead Parade...
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2012, 07:54:02 PM »
Jessi put this up....

I had so much fun riding in the parade with a celebrity. Everyone loves Panda. — with Gavin McCullough at 20th Annual South Valley Dia de los Muertos Marigold Parade and Celebration.

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2012, 12:25:06 AM »
ohhhh, we made the College Paper...The Daily Lobo.

Gavin

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2012, 01:48:43 AM »
Pretty cool how many events there are going on out in NM. Never a missed opportunity for a parade : )
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2012, 12:30:43 PM »
Beautiful weather and a fun loving atmosphere = lots of parades and rides and events and heck we have like 3 different Burning Man type events...We love to burn shit out here it seems...(hey it's saturday and I'm a bit bored and depressed....Let's burn a 30 foot paper mache skeleton....)

I love to go on rides and I like showing off the Brammo bikes (as payback for them being nice and lending me stuff) so it all works out...plus we have some LOVELY rides and places to go out here...

Watch football or hit 1000 year old ruins during a beautiful sunset? Easy choice...and I actually love football...but really, 1000 year old ruins wins every time.

Gavin

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2012, 01:05:21 PM »
got the original photo from the Daily Lobo..

sad it wasn't a Brammo....but next year....

will put up some video later...

Gavin

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog