Author Topic: Side bags for the Empulse  (Read 2204 times)

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
Side bags for the Empulse
« on: November 12, 2012, 11:19:43 PM »

From the Milan show....we hopefully will get tons of nice photos and new information...

Gavin

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
Re: Side bags for the Empulse
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2012, 11:20:54 PM »
I would probably prefer a tail bag on a sports bike...but these would be killer on any Brammo touring bike they make in a couple of years....

Gavin

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2012, 11:22:01 PM »

More...

Gavin

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2012, 11:35:49 PM »

Gavin

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2012, 11:37:49 PM »
And looking at that photo, with the Enertia next to it....2 person seat for the Enertia please....

Again, Europe would eat that up...a bike is often the only transportation, and 2 seats is a good option...

Gavin

Richard230

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2012, 10:25:45 AM »
Those bags are a bit too large and bulbous for my taste when mounted on the Empulse.  But their mounts would be useful for mounting soft luggage, which would be cheaper, lighter, smaller and easily removable when you don't need them.
current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2011 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Classic, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2007 BMW R1200R, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

CAT in HAWAII

• Empulse Guru
  • Empulse in HAWAII ,,,,
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2012, 01:30:57 PM »
Those bags are a bit too large and bulbous for my taste when mounted on the Empulse.  But their mounts would be useful for mounting soft luggage, which would be cheaper, lighter, smaller and easily removable when you don't need them.

It DOES makes the dear end look HUGE !!!

But useful,, yes! ;D
Crashed! Don't go up against a semi-truck,, it ain't pretty!

2017 Indian Chief Classic,,,

SWAPPED!! First 2013 Empulse R in HAWAII !!! 🏄

-=SOLD=- HD Sportster 1200 Sport Anniversary Ed. -=SOLD=-

flar

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2012, 01:37:54 PM »
At that size I hope they fit a full-sized helmet.

And I would love to see a brief-case sized bag that was thinner.  Given the range on these bikes I see commuting and backroad work as being more common than touring, neither of which need that much volume typically and commuting would definitely benefit from a thinner profile if you have to work your way through stopped traffic...
Current bikes: 2013 Brammo Empulse R, 2005 BMW R1200RT
Prior bikes: 1988 Honda Hawk GT, 1997 BMW F650

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2012, 02:53:58 PM »
yep...the main purpose for getting these bags would be if it was you daily ride and you needed it for groceries, laundry and such.

I would use this bike for work commute and fun mountain rides...no bags needed...though a small tail bag would be nice for taking the laptop to work and such. As long as it was easy on and off for weekend fun...

Gavin

Shinysideup

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2012, 01:25:42 AM »
Suit my needs just fine, thank you Brammo,  as I use a bike all day on the job in San Francisco and need to haul beaucoup stuff.  They look about the same size as my R1200R bags which I loved. I wonder if they'll be keyed to use the ignition key.

As to lane splitting: I was initially very worried about the BMW bags, but came to learn that if my mirrors made it between the opposing car mirrors, then the bags certainly would clear the door panels, which are always wider apart than the car (truck!) mirrors poking out at me. Rarely tapped a mirror; never bumped a door. Wonder how the width of these mounted bags measure compared to the Empulse's outside mirror to outside mirror width?

Slim, briefcase-looking aftermarket bags for the BMW were also offered for filtering, out of UK, IIRC. But I never saw the need for them. Can't use cloth bags because of security concerns in the city. (I carry drugs!).

I believe they're coming out with a top box too. Can't have too much luggage when it comes to daily chores and no car! I love bag liners to take into the grocery store: I know they'll fit.

Bring it on: King of the CC's... Bill

kingcharles

• Empulse E1 80-MF-DR
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2012, 03:12:59 PM »
White Empulse, check
Side bags, check,
Windscreen, Aftermarket?
Heated grips, ah, who cares I have gloves.

Oh dear, I am making my accesoire list. This means I must have one! NOW!

Hey Brammo! Why don't you leave that white Empulse in Milan along with the side bags. I will pick it up and bring it home to Amsterdam where it is needed to humiliate all those silly electric cars!!! (just was beaten by a Leaf during an EV traffic light drag on my Vectrix...)
I can be there with a trailer in 1 day, just let me know OK?
Thanks
Once you go EV, gas is history!