Author Topic: Upcoming Road Trip...Ask a Brammo opportunity....  (Read 1991 times)

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
Upcoming Road Trip...Ask a Brammo opportunity....
« on: January 07, 2013, 02:22:57 PM »
Ok, so I have a little upcoming road trip..(if you call a 2700 miles round-trip drive over 5 days a "little road trip") and will be making a short stop in Ashland, Oregon this Friday.

A) any particular questions you would like me to ask the Brammo people while wandering, mouth agape, through Brammo HQ?

B) any particular photos you want me to take?

C) anybody want to meet me there?

Only staying one night (getting to Ashland around noon on Friday, leaving early in AM on Saturday as it is a couple of 11 hour driving days to get back to Albuquerque by Sunday night.)

Averaging 675 miles a day in the pickup by myself means Gavin will be sleeping on his stomach for a week after this trip. Thank God for cruise control...

Gavin

kingcharles

• Empulse E1 80-MF-DR
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
Re: Upcoming Road Trip...Ask a Brammo opportunity....
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2013, 05:20:34 PM »
Please ask them when my white Empulse with Givi side bags will arrive in Amsterdam ;D
And take some pictures of it for me, thanks.
Once you go EV, gas is history!

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2013, 07:09:03 PM »
2700 miles one-way in 5 days sounds like offthegrid's trip : )

If you bring your Piaggio, I demand a picture of it parked in a rude or non-compliant fashion at Brammo HQ!

If you are obtaining your Enertia Plus at this time, then likewise a "Park Where I Want" photo is required.

If you can, ask about aero fairings and touring bikes.
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2013, 01:26:34 PM »
Will do....

so requests: Take photo of white Empulse to taunt our European friends. Ask about aero fairings and touring bikes.

Any others.

I am going on a "tour the headquarters" trip.

Basically I am about to go on 3 months of call that is 24 hour a day/ 7 days a week...so, before my co-worker goes to Europe for 3 months and I am the only person in the hospital that does my job, I am taking a few days off. At such short notice, and with most clinics already full, I couldn't take too many days off...and with the short time off I decided to in essence "Kill my ASS driving a pick up" on a dash to Oregon, look at some bikes that aren't mine and then dash home to work every day for at least 90 days straight...

Gawd, if I didn't love my patients so much and know that they need me...well I would probably stay in Oregon :)

As for the MP3...that would be SWEET...but driving through Flagstaff and the Reno area in mid January would not be overly safe. And my poor MP3 needs new steering bearings...and nobody in town knows how to do that...so she will sit till Spring when I can get her up to Denver for some proper work.

Gavin

« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 01:28:22 PM by Gavin »

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2013, 04:55:16 PM »
I have a photo request, since it appears that you won't be picking up your Enertia Plus.

I would like a photo of Brian giving you a piggyback ride around the HQ.  Or Adrian, or Craig.  They are old, however, so better get Brian to do it.

Please ask them when Jeremy is getting is Empulse.

Also - could you have them mail me a volt meter?  If they want to know why, have them ask David Harvey.
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2013, 05:24:46 PM »
Lord...the request you make.

I will ask for the voltmeter...

I will ask about Jeremy's Empulse...

But there is NO WAY I am asking Brian for a piggy back ride. Nor Adrian. Nor Craig. Nor Adam or Matt or James.

A). I am an adult. Jeez. 51, going on 52 is not the age of getting piggyback rides...I do give them to my Granddaughter and my youngest niece...but it has been years since I got one.

B) I am afraid* of Brian, don't know Craig and worry that Adrian would enjoy it too much :) (kidding thespecialone).

Gavin

*not sure "afraid" is the right word...but something similar to it....

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2013, 05:26:39 PM »
ps...I've offered to take Jeremy's Empulse with me back to the Southwest...free shipping...the downside is it probably wouldn't make it up to Denver til spring or summer... :)

Gavin

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2013, 05:39:53 PM »
After this, I would like a photo of you giving the Empulse RR a piggyback ride. To your truck. And then drive it to Alabama, I'll pay your round-trip gas : )

Ask Brammo what the plans are for a privateer campaigning an Empulse RR.

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2013, 05:46:00 PM »
I'm guessing the holdup on EB's bike is the Denver dealership.  I'm also here in Denver, and they contacted me saying there would be a new dealership announced soon.  That's been quite a while now, so I'm guessing something has popped up with the dealership that is delaying them.  Maybe they found out that Colorado had killed their $6,000 dollar rebate for electric motorcycles?  Hard to know.  But I'm guessing Brammo would probably want to get their dealership in Denver ironed out before delivering any bikes here, free or not.

CAT in HAWAII

• Empulse Guru
  • Empulse in HAWAII ,,,,
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2013, 08:23:15 PM »
Ok, so I have a little upcoming road trip..(if you call a 2700 miles round-trip drive over 5 days a "little road trip") and will be making a short stop in Ashland, Oregon this Friday.

A) any particular questions you would like me to ask the Brammo people while wandering, mouth agape, through Brammo HQ?

B) any particular photos you want me to take?

C) anybody want to meet me there?

Gavin

A .. I had my test ride. Ordered my bike, and was supposed to have it shipped next week, but got a call saying that since I'm on Oahu, Brammo wanted to do some "preventive maintanance, and install new batteries,, which is okay with me, but I'm just bummed I have to wait for the next shipping (hopefully to get the bike by Feb. 6th now,,, any ideas on this "preventive maintainence" ???
B don't need photos,,,
C wish I could! Have fun!!!
Crashed! Don't go up against a semi-truck,, it ain't pretty!

2017 Indian Chief Classic,,,

SWAPPED!! First 2013 Empulse R in HAWAII !!! 🏄

-=SOLD=- HD Sportster 1200 Sport Anniversary Ed. -=SOLD=-

EmpulseRider

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2013, 08:48:02 PM »
LOL, thanks for the offer Gavin... but im ready for some cold weather riding myself.

860 is most definitely correct, and I am dying to know which local dealership will carry Brammo. Too bad about the rebate, but thank god the federal rebate is back.

I really wish Colorado dropped a hint about motorcycles no longer qualifying before the fact. Just cutting them out cold turkey was a BS move.

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2013, 05:02:35 PM »
Ok...well the border area between California and Oregon is get lots of snow and the road I plan to take is horrid now...and likely not much better over the next couple of days...

So, long story short, no trip to Ashland this weekend :(

The up side is I can plan for a longer trip in the summer...Hit Ashland for a couple of days, head over to Crater Lake, etc etc...Maybe make a group run at Brammo and have a bunch of us show up on the same day and freak Brammo out?

Gavin

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2013, 03:27:59 AM »
Too bad.

New request: entire Brammo staff doing Gangnam style on Brammo bikes.