Author Topic: GearChic's review of the Enertia, Part One  (Read 812 times)

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
GearChic's review of the Enertia, Part One
« on: January 11, 2013, 10:09:27 AM »
No surprises here, she loves it. 
http://gearchic.com/2013/01/08/betty-the-brammo-my-love-story/

Read the whole thing, but here's a teaser:
In the beginning I was worried about the usual thoughts that run through one’s mind when considering and electric motorcycle or scooter. What about the silence? Won’t it be more dangerous? And one of the most difficult issues a motorcyclist may contend with when it comes to a scooter. Fully automatic?! No clutch? No shifting? Won’t it be less fun? What about the hills? I live in San Francisco! Well, needless to say, I got over it in a day or two, and I simply don’t give a sh*t about the rest because it’s IT’S SO DAMN FUN.

By the way, she's a member of the forum, but has never posted.  The SHAME!  :o
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

Richard230

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
Re: GearChic's review of the Enertia, Part One
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2013, 10:54:55 AM »
I think GearChic has some great comments about the Enertia that would also apply to any electric motorcycle or scooter - that has enough power to get up San Francisco's hills.  Did you notice the cable car tracks in one of her photos?  Those tracks, and the many more electric trolly car tracks around town, are a real hazard for any two-wheeled vehicle and get very nasty when wet.  But anyone riding in SF for very long tends to learn how to cope.   :)
current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2011 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Classic, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2007 BMW R1200R, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

Shinysideup

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
Re: GearChic's review of the Enertia, Part One
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2013, 11:50:59 AM »
Those tracks, and the many more electric trolly car tracks around town, are a real hazard for any two-wheeled vehicle and get very nasty when wet.  But anyone riding in SF for very long tends to learn how to cope.   :)

And usually we learn the hard way! Like turning hard on a ST1100 with sketchy Bridgestones at 17th and Church, across multiple tracks that, in hindsight, turned out to be covered with motor oil. Dam that bike was hard to lift back upright!