Author Topic: ESBK Studio: Episode 15 Interview with Colin Whittamore of Mugen  (Read 578 times)

ttxgpfan

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
http://esbk.co/2013/01/18/esbk-studio-episode-15-interview-with-colin-whittamore-of-mugen/

Still improving my host abilities, and now I need to work on my editing skills.  But despite my dorkiness, this interview is great, and I really think worth listening too.  Probably one of the best interviews yet.

FreepZ

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Empulse Experience
    • Email
Re: ESBK Studio: Episode 15 Interview with Colin Whittamore of Mugen
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2013, 09:41:23 AM »
Yes, that was a very good interview with plenty of good information.

It was great to hear Colin be so positive about the future of race electrification. I got the impression that he believed that it was happening because the racing organizations were pushing it as a move to be green. I thought that there were also significant performance benefits from electrification, like instant torque. If he thought that too, he didn't make that clear.

I found it enlightening to hear about the human side of Mugen: that they appreciate the enthusiasm of their fans, and they love the challenge of the unknown. Before now, I imagined a board of directors making strategic decisions and giving orders to a factory of quasi-robotic engineers. "The long term analyst predicts a 67.3% probability that electric bikes will dominate. We must enter the field. Commence work on a successful electric bike." "By your command." ;)

Thanks for the interview.
Richard #935 #595 #44