Author Topic: ICEing against the law in Florida (?)  (Read 494 times)

FreepZ

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Empulse Experience
    • Email
ICEing against the law in Florida (?)
« on: February 22, 2013, 07:53:04 AM »

That sign is posed at a charging station. A comment for that station in PlugShare stated that ICEing (when a non-EV takes up the parking space designated for an EV) is now a violation in Florida and subject to fines.

Quote from: ken
ICE ing is now against the law in Florida. It carries the same fine as a handicapped space.

Saw an attempted ICE ing & stopped it cold. The young mother took time out of her cleaning up her child's mess out of her car & throwing it in the landscaping long enough to read the no parking sign! She moved when I pointed out that the sign now carries a One Hundred Dollar fine, the same as a handicapped space. ( she wanted to know if I'd call on her, I said if a cop came by she'd get one for sure.)

I tried looking for mention of that law online, but I couldn't find anything. Has anybody else heard about that?

(To see the comment yourself, go to  www.plugshare.com and search for this address: 205 Palm Bay Rd W, Melbourne, Florida 32904, United States. Then click on "Show All" - As a bonus, you can also see a picture of a beautiful red Empulse juicing up at the station!)

I hope the sign works. I think that painting the parking space (e.g. green) would be more effective at marking the space a special, since people are used to looking out for the blue handicapped parking spaced.
Richard #935 #595 #44