Author Topic: Florida Weather  (Read 1803 times)

FreepZ

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Empulse Experience
    • Email
Florida Weather
« on: February 23, 2013, 04:19:49 PM »
It's been perfect riding weather in Florida, so I went out on a little ride. Check it out:

http://freepz.wordpress.com/2013/02/23/sunny-florida/
Richard #935 #595 #44

Richard230

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
Re: Florida Weather
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2013, 04:47:55 PM »
Nice weather, but all of those straight roads would drive me nuts.  Even around here, you end up having to travel more than you would like on the freeway and upright riding really makes those wide rear radial tires square off in the center.  Once that happens going around corners is never the same again - until you get a new rear tire, that is.  At least straight-road riding doesn't do too much to ruin a front tire, but watch the wear on the left-center of the front tire's tread.  They always seem to wear down there before anywhere else when ridden on the street and you can end up with no tread along that strip and OK tread everywhere else.  Supposedly that is due to most roads having a crown for drainage.
current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2011 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Classic, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2007 BMW R1200R, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

implovator

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Florida Weather
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2013, 09:16:35 AM »
Great trip report! Spinning down to FL this weekend definitely made me feel nostalgic for that long riding season. Heck, just the smell of FL air is intoxicating. Of course them my mind starts wandering in that grass-is-greener train of thought and I have to remember that I do live in NC and that there's a reason I moved. It really sank in when I was chatting with the staff of Euro Cycle and thinking to myself that they're much cooler than a lot of the people in the South Florida motorcycle scene. Maybe I could move back here. Then she was asking where I was from. When I told her she said that's where they like to travel to ride. Oh yeah, I kind of forget that sometimes. :)