Author Topic: CRG levers adjustment?  (Read 1296 times)

7racer

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
CRG levers adjustment?
« on: April 09, 2013, 08:23:40 PM »
I ended up getting the CRG2 shorties and like them a lot!  However, I notice that adjusting them closer, that it doesn't seem to fully depress the clutch/brake.  There is a pin in there that depresses the hydraulic system.  Is there a way to get a longer pin?

BrammoBrian

• Obsessive Empulsive
  • Brammovangelist
  • Director of Product Development - Brammo, Inc.
    • View Profile
    • BRAMMO
    • Email
Re: CRG levers adjustment?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2013, 08:48:25 AM »
There's a set screw in the lever that depresses the hydraulic "plunger" on the master cylinder.  You should be able to get an allen key on it and run it all the way in (towards the plunger).  This was all that was required to get full engagement/motion on both levers for me.  FWIW... I've had aftermarket levers on all my bikes and they're always a bit fussy to get set up correctly.  You need to make sure the master cylinder is being engaged correctly AND that the brake light switch is being triggered correctly.  Also look for any points of interference between the lever and surrounding controls as the geometry will be slightly different from stock and packaging on the bar is tight...

Somewhat related... I once "upgraded" to aftermarket clip-ons for my BMW S1k and didn't realize that at full steering lock, the brake lever was pushed into the front fairing and engaged the front brake involuntarily.  A tip over in the middle of the street while attempting a U-turn was all that was needed to convert back to stock!

Post some photos as I was having a hard time deciding between the full length or the shortys.

7racer

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: CRG levers adjustment?
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2013, 03:46:32 PM »
doh!  I feel like an idiot!  That's what those are for.  Ha..no instructions but that makes sense.  Thanks for the tip!

I'll do some adjusting and take a pic.