Author Topic: Pricing in the Netherlands  (Read 1724 times)

kingcharles

• Empulse E1 80-MF-DR
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
Pricing in the Netherlands
« on: May 13, 2013, 02:59:41 AM »
I noticed that EVC (the only dealer in the Netherlands as far as I know) has put up a price on their website for the Enertia +.
It is €10.500,- including (21%) VAT.

The current US price is $10.995,- which is excluding tax I assume?

With the exchange rate of today the US price equals €8.480,-. Add 21% and it works out to about €10.260,-
This seams a pretty fair price point.
Once you go EV, gas is history!

kingcharles

• Empulse E1 80-MF-DR
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
Re: Pricing in the Netherlands
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2013, 03:53:07 AM »
Link to the EVC product page: http://www.evcheemskerk.nl/shop/overzicht/brammo-enertia/
In Dutch unfortunately

oml

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2013, 03:08:47 AM »
in germany the enertia+ is just 9.5k: http://www.strom-kann-rollen.de/e-motorrad/brammo-enertia/, 9.6k at some other shops.
I dont know how well that works in reality, but with the schengenabkommen you should be able to just import from here.

Price is reasonable because the Enertia(+) are assembled in Hungary anyway, its probably cheaper to get them to the Netherlands than to the US. ZeroMC could learn something from that.

FrankH

• Empulse Guru
  • First Enertia+ in the Netherlands!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2013, 03:20:56 PM »
I paid a little less than €10500, but that was last year. The increased VAT percentage in Holland since then doesn't fully explain the price rise.
I might as well have bought one from Germany, because EVC is not an official Brammo dealer. That's why Brammo came over here from Germany to fix my bike when it started throwing errors, and they even chose to take it back to Germany when they couldn't fix it at my home location, instead of taking it to EVC to educate them while fixing the bike.
I am thankful to EVC for their persistence in dealing with all the paperwork of getting the bike registered in the Netherlands, though. Wouldn't have liked to do that myself. Importing a bike from another country would have made it even more complicated I think.

And speaking of my own Plus, it's on the way back from Germany right now. It took a little (a lot!) longer because I ordered side bags for it and we chose to wait for those to come from the US and be fitted to the repaired bike before shipping it back. But when it was ready to go, the transport company had problems getting it organised.
I didn't mind waiting a little longer because I was given a non-plus Enertia to drive, but sadly that one started erroring out too, about two weeks ago :o
Thankfully all this will be over soon and I'll be able to ride my own bike again (and the side bags are free as a compensation for my troubles).

kingcharles

• Empulse E1 80-MF-DR
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2013, 03:37:22 PM »
in germany the enertia+ is just 9.5k: http://www.strom-kann-rollen.de/e-motorrad/brammo-enertia/, 9.6k at some other shops.
I dont know how well that works in reality, but with the schengenabkommen you should be able to just import from here.

Price is reasonable because the Enertia(+) are assembled in Hungary anyway, its probably cheaper to get them to the Netherlands than to the US. ZeroMC could learn something from that.

I had a look at that German site and it also has pricing for the Empulse (€14.900,-) however it also says that the Empulse is available late 2012/early 2013. So I am afraid that the info on that site could be outdated. So perhaps the pricing in Germany is also increased this year?

kingcharles

• Empulse E1 80-MF-DR
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2014, 04:09:09 PM »
2014 and pricing has arrived:

Enertia Plus € 10.890
Empulse en Empulse R € 15.367 en € 17.787

According to this site:
http://www.motorfreaks.nl/nieuws/motor-nieuws/brammo-maakt-nederlandse-prijzen-bekend.html