Author Topic: European Empulse E1 delivery  (Read 844 times)

oml

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
European Empulse E1 delivery
« on: May 18, 2013, 07:35:43 PM »
Well, this adresses more or less BrammoBrian respectively Brammo*, but as others might be very much interested I think a public forum is the right place:

As the Empulse E1 seems to get delivered in the US now (Im still impressed by the beautifull matte plastic instead of polished and rather chavvy CarbonFiber), but there is still no sign of the Empulse in Germany. Even worse, some dealers (there seem to be alot according to (1))  have postponed the first bikes from (spring/summer) 2013 to spring 2014 (2).
May I ask you the reasoning behind it?
Afaik the Empulse would have been build @ Flextronics in Hungary anyway, so manufacturing shouldnt be the bottleneck. Is it some supplier?
Or is the European Empulse significantly modified compared to the US version (could only think of dropping the 110V charging, and maybe adding ABS, as it gets mandatory 2015 anyway, and maybe different power maps for lower licence classes (but that couldnt take that long, could it?))
Do you have problems aquiring certifications from the admission board / licensing administration authority? But you already managed to squeeze the Enertia through the (most probably longish painful and expensive) procedure?

Sometimes, on the darkest of days, those days were the moon goes black, Jupiter and Neptun align and the sky turns slightly yellow I sometimes silenty wonder if Brammo gives a shit about the European market at all. Hans Eder sometimes seems at least in my not in the slightes all-seeing-eyes more concerned about the BrammoParx and this strange kind of motorcycling where you stand on tiny machines and get all dirty with mud and dust.

2014, honestly. ZeroMC will probably have a new series by then. Even if the improvements wont be that gigantic anymore im quite sure there will be some. Also, please dont forget adding ABS soon :)

(1) http://www.brammo.com/store-locator/
(2) http://www.lautlos-durch-deutschland.de/index.php?id=253&tx_lddproducts_pi2[product]=167

kingcharles

• Empulse E1 80-MF-DR
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
Re: European Empulse E1 delivery
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2013, 02:17:20 PM »
+1 for an update on EU availability of the Empulse.
Once you go EV, gas is history!

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2013, 11:28:31 AM »
The charger can accept 85-275 V AC, probably 50-60 Hz. It should be universal.
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/

ttxgpfan

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2013, 09:48:09 PM »
As far as I know all Empulse are made in the US, and all Enertia+'s are made in Hungary.  I wonder what the demand for Empulses is like in Europe.  I did see a quote from Craig that all of this year's production is spoken for.  Maybe that includes the European orders?

oml

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2013, 03:32:43 PM »
As far as I know all Empulse are made in the US, and all Enertia+'s are made in Hungary.  I wonder what the demand for Empulses is like in Europe.  I did see a quote from Craig that all of this year's production is spoken for.  Maybe that includes the European orders?

Well, I'ld like to have one (or more).
I dont see any reason why the demand should be smaller or changed at all.