Author Topic: Abalta Technologies' EV Range Estimator to Be on Brammo's Empulse  (Read 1024 times)

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
http://www.marketwire.com/press-release/abalta-technologies-ev-range-estimator-be-on-brammos-empulse-electric-motorcycle-detroit-1798020.htm

At Telematics Update Detroit, Abalta Will Demonstrate How Its EOLAS-EV Application Gives Electric Motorcyclists Optimal Route and Energy Planning
TORRANCE, CA--(Marketwired - Jun 4, 2013) - Automotive software solution developer, Abalta Technologies (www.abaltatech.com), announced today it has adapted its EOLAS-EV range calculation application for the Empulse electric motorcycle from Brammo (www.brammo.com), a leading electric vehicle technology company. Abalta's application will allow Empulse owners to determine optimal route and energy planning. It provides a range overlay so the rider can ascertain the energy range with a short glance. EOLAS-EV also includes sophisticated routing and range management functions, as well as integrating charge station locations from all the major charge station networks.
"Electric vehicle range is determined by multiple factors, some obvious and well understood and some not so well defined," said Craig Bramscher, CEO and founder of Brammo, Inc. "Abalta has developed an application to expertly blend mapping, routing, traffic conditions and vehicular data together to deliver a highly compelling and accurate companion application for bikers."
The nature of electric vehicles tends to make their owners more energy conscious than the owners of gasoline powered vehicles. To help them get the most from their electric vehicles, owners truly value tools that help them plan journeys and energy consumption with certainty.
"Abalta's deep background in mapping and navigation application development and in the electric vehicle space allows us to deliver an excellent application for the owner of any EV," said Michael O'Shea CEO and founder at Abalta. "Through our work in the connected car arena we can use our expertise to help gather detailed vehicle data such as state of charge and other data to help us deliver a very accurate range prediction algorithm. Working with the Empulse electric motorcycle has been an extraordinary experience for us."
EOLAS-EV will be demonstrated on the Empulse motorcycle at Telematics Update Detroit (www.telematicsupdate.com/detroit), June 5-6 in Abalta's booth No. 55. To schedule a meeting at the show or to discuss licensing EOLAS-EV, please contact sales@abaltatech.com.
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

frodus

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
Re: Abalta Technologies' EV Range Estimator to Be on Brammo's Empulse
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2013, 12:05:03 PM »
Man I need to start patenting my damned ideas. I was working on this with my brother and a friend to take vehicle data and overlay some range calcs over Google maps. Oh well.

Can't wait but I DO REALLY hope that Brammo offers this to existing owners. I'd be very disappointed otherwise. All the data lives on the can bus anyway.

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Abalta Technologies' EV Range Estimator to Be on Brammo's Empulse
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2013, 09:02:01 AM »
What I'd like to know is if this EV Range Estimator is just something that will be built into to dashboard of the Empulse, or if it will be an app for Android or iPhone.
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki