Author Topic: Do I even need these?  (Read 1732 times)

EmpulseRider

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
Do I even need these?
« on: June 30, 2013, 12:12:06 PM »
Brace yourselves for a potentially stupid question.

Rizoma aftermarket blinkers came with these:

These adapters are for different voltages... the blinkers seem to work fine without them, so Im not sure if I need to use these but I want to make sure.

I could not find any data in regards to what voltages to the OEM blinkers are...

7racer

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Do I even need these?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2013, 12:55:14 PM »
Hey Empluserider,

I can' find the post but someone asked Brammo what the voltage was in our stock system and according to the Rizoma instructions, you should use one.  Someone also mentioned that while one might work, the more LEDs you add might not and you might get a faster "blink".

Anyways, I ended up hooking them up to each light though didn't test if it would work with just one on each circuit.

EmpulseRider

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2013, 04:19:42 PM »
Thanks 7racer. Hmmm... well Brian swapped out his blinkers with the Rizoma LEDs, I wonder how he hooked them up?

BrammoBrian

• Obsessive Empulsive
  • Brammovangelist
  • Director of Product Development - Brammo, Inc.
    • View Profile
    • BRAMMO
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2013, 09:18:05 AM »
I'm probably not the best example to follow on mods, but... No. I didn't install the resistors on the front or the back Rizomas.  The only thing I've noticed is that the tell-tale on the dash doesn't blink when the signal is on - it just stays on until you turn it off.  Doesn't bother me, but I could see some feeling like it was worth it to install them.  You could probably get away with just doing the rears as there's more space available for the resistors. 

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2013, 12:11:05 PM »
i used the resistors on front and rear...

and yes it was a bitch getting the front carbon shroud back on...not much extra space up there.

Gavin

Shinysideup

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2013, 01:27:57 PM »
I too used the resistors, which are not for differing voltages, but for differing wattages of the bulbs vs. led's. Whatever the instructions said were the most common wattage is the one I used. Everything blinks.

EmpulseRider

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2013, 02:04:53 PM »
Awesome, thanks for the feedback fellas. I will probably just use em on the back set since I have everything already connected on the front. I was planning on putting together a how to on both the rear and front turn signal replacements since everything wasnt terribly obvious to me... perhaps I can help out other dumb-asses like myself  ;). I will just note that the resistors are recommended.

Shinysideup

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2013, 12:07:06 AM »
"Brammo Empulse: Resistance is Futile"