Author Topic: Brammo announces FIVE (5) year warranty on batteries!  (Read 1459 times)

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Brammo announces FIVE (5) year warranty on batteries!
« on: August 28, 2013, 11:58:47 AM »
This is kind of a big deal.

Brammo Announces Industry’s First 5 Year Battery Warranty and Guaranteed Trade Program.

Ashland, OR, August 28th 2013 --Brammo, Inc. a global leader in the electric vehicle industry today announced that the BrammoPower® battery modules in the Enertia Plus, Empulse, Empulse R and Empulse Spec32 will come with a 5 year manufacturer’s warranty. Brammo are the first electric motorcycle company to introduce a 5 year battery warranty, reaffirming once again their industry leading position.

Details of the five year BrammoPower® battery warranty can be found here.

In addition anyone purchasing a new Brammo motorcycle between now and the end of September 2013 has the option to trade that motorcycle in against a new Brammo motorcycle at any time in the following 12 months and receive the original purchase price as the trade in value.

Details of the Brammo Guaranteed Trade Program can be found here.

Ron Luttrell, Director of Sales for Brammo, said: “The 5 Year BrammoPower warranty is another industry first for Brammo and underlines our complete confidence in the reliability and durability of the BrammoPower battery systems. Our commitment to customers is second to none and I am delighted to confirm that our new five year battery warranty will apply to all Enertia Plus, Empulse and Empulse R motorcycles that have already been purchased.”
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

frodus

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
Re: Brammo announces FIVE (5) year warranty on batteries!
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2013, 12:01:13 PM »
Damn. Beat me to it.

Huge deal! No more worries about any battery issues.... Since they made it retroactive.

Thanks Brammo!

7racer

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2013, 09:51:11 PM »
That's awesome!  I should email Ron and say thanks!

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2013, 07:26:02 AM »
Very cool of Brammo, especially retroactive to current owners.

If I read the warranty correctly (go here), then the battery pack will also be replaced if it suffers > 30% degradation. That would make Brammo the 2nd EV manufacturer to warranty against capacity loss - Nissan warranties the LEAF's battery for 8 years / 100k miles / ~30% degradation. Even Tesla (AFAIK) does not warranty against capacity loss.

The warranty is obviously somewhat loose - 30% degradation within 5 years is pretty bad - but it definitely gives a level of assurance to the battery and cell quality that other manufacturers lack.

Wonder if Zero will step up and join Brammo. They talk a lot about their 300k mile battery packs..
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/

00049 (AKA SopFu)

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2013, 09:56:27 AM »
Ron mentioned this on the Sr. Manager feedback call I had with him. I can appreciate it since I should be right around 45k miles at my 5 year anniversary.
'03 SV650
'13 Empulse #49
Wheaton, IL

Shinysideup

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2013, 07:08:43 PM »
I received my 5-year warranty registration in the mail today, with the details of my bike filled in by hand, accompanied by a letter signed  by Craig.

Very nicely done.

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2013, 01:11:36 PM »

ha...and I blurred the Vin for some stupid reason...it's not like the vin isn't right on the side of the bike for everybody to see...

Gavin