Author Topic: First big boy competition?  (Read 785 times)

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
First big boy competition?
« on: November 26, 2013, 10:13:43 AM »
Been wondering when Honda or Yamaha would start showing a production ready EV...not sure if Yamaha is going to green light this, but I imagine they will.

It would be the first major with direct competition to Zero and the Enertia...not yet a Empulse competitor.

It would need to add some top speed and some range...and while I like LED lights, those headlights would need to change...yuck...but the rest of the design is quite nice...a great little city bike. Add a few pounds by giving it a bigger motor and more batteries and it could sell quite well. If they get it to be similar in design and 85 mph top speed and 100 miles range...well...

Gavin

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
Re: First big boy competition?
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2013, 10:19:45 AM »
hmmm, it's a shifty....nice...I guess if they beef it up a bit it could be both a Zero and Brammo competitor...

Two models...one more city, 250ish weight with top speed around 75 and range around 100

Bigger model is near 400 pounds and top speed of 100 and similar range.

just my guessing....

I do like the rims and the simpler design...sort of a meld of the Enertia and S...

not bad...now lets see if Yamaha just sits on it...it could sell quite well in Japan, Asia and Europe.

If Yamaha makes this...Honda will respond.

Gavin

Richard230

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2013, 10:30:37 AM »
Here is an article by WebBikeWorld describing the few new and slightly improved motorcycles that were shown at the Tokyo Motor Show this year.  Near the bottom of the page are shown the electric motorcycles, scooters and a car (including whatever that Kawasaki thing is) that were at the show.  Unfortunately, nothing appears ready to hit the market in my opinion - including the Yamaha PES-1. It looks to me like Yamaha is just playing around with EV's to keep their toe in electric vehicle technology in case they see a market that is large enough to be worth their entering it with a new bike or scooter (or maybe even a car). Electric vehicles seem to remain mostly an effort to gain attention and maybe to judge the public's reaction to various electric concept vehicle ideas to my eye.

http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcycle-news/2013/2013-tokyo-motor-show.htm
current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2011 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Classic, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2007 BMW R1200R, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

Virtually Yours

• Brammoholic
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2013, 08:47:35 PM »
 8)
I like it! I don't like it better then my R but I like it! The styling is cool, and would be perfect as a starter bike for the Mrs. I'll keep an eye on this one...
Actually Mine,
Empluse R