Author Topic: Brammo to race at IOM in 2014!!!  (Read 1109 times)

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Brammo to race at IOM in 2014!!!
« on: December 02, 2013, 01:10:38 PM »
Just got this press release:
The Darvill Racing team are delighted to announce that they will be competing in the FIM eRoadRacing World Cup as a Factory supported team for Brammo.

The Isle of Man based team, will run two Factory-supported privateer Brammo machines, one Prototype 2 (P2) and one eSuperStock (eSS) prepared bikes in the elite eRoadRacing class, with an additional entries in National championships. Both bikes will be based on Brammo’s successful Empulse R street sports bike.

“We’ve been considering a switch to ebikes for a while now and feel that the time is right for us to take on this new challenge,” said Team Principal Alex Aitchison.

“The championship rules allow privately run teams like ours to compete on a level playing field and we are confident that we have the experience and resources to step up and contribute to what is one of the world’s most exciting race series.

“As a team, we have learned a great deal racing in a plethora of disciplines and have proved ourselves through a series of race wins, pole positions, fastest laps and world titles over our fifty year history. We’ve worked hard over the last few years to put out a professional team and we are delighted that this has been recognised by Brammo Motorcycles, who have both welcomed our move into the eRR class. Racing in FIM eRR will not only provide us with a fresh sporting challenge but will give considerably more exposure for our team sponsors.”

Preparation of the team’s first TTXP2 racer is currently underway, ahead of an extensive winter testing programme before the team makes its FIM eRoadRacing debut at Circuit Zolder in Belgium in May. The team is currently in discussion with several guest ‘star’ riders and is expected to announce its line-up and main sponsor shortly.
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Brammo to race at IOM in 2014!!!
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2013, 02:31:48 PM »
Oops. I guess they won't be on the IOM... they are an IOM based team. Guess I should RTFA. ::)

ttxgpfan

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2013, 02:49:07 PM »
Crap beat me to it.

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2013, 03:13:23 PM »
So I just asked Darvill if it was possible that they would race in the TTZero and they said:

"It's possible. We would need the FIM dates to fall correctly for us (they currently clash) and @Brammosays to agree 1st tho."

PLEASE Brammo (and FIM)... make this happen!

racerfozzy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2013, 03:14:40 PM »
Its not quite clear from the press release but we'll (I'll) definitely be racing them on the Island... There's a short circuit and the Southern 100 road races... We just won't be doing the TT or Manx GP...at least not on the sparky bikes..:) 

Fozzy..

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2013, 03:28:19 PM »
Yay! (I hate being wrong). 
So is it you who is tweeting as @darvillracing?

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2013, 07:32:39 PM »
Brammo needs to go...and send me to cover the event :)

Actually, when is the race? I'll be in Ireland the end of May, beginning of June...though my wife might be mad if I skip out and head to the Isle of Man for a few days...

So will my Mom as we are taking her to Ireland for her 75th birthday...still...how mad could they get?

Gavin

ttxgpfan

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2013, 09:14:13 PM »
Easily solved Gavin.  Take them with you. ;)

racerfozzy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2013, 07:34:10 AM »
Yay! (I hate being wrong). 
So is it you who is tweeting as @darvillracing?

No that's the boss, Alex Aitchison..I'm 'just' the rider..;)

Fozzy..

racerfozzy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2013, 07:56:27 AM »

Actually, when is the race? I'll be in Ireland the end of May, beginning of June...though my wife might be mad if I skip out and head to the Isle of Man for a few days...

2014   TT  24th May – 6th June

Try here for any info...www.iomtt.com and come and say hi to Darvill racing, the Brammos will be touring the World circuit but our gas burners will be there..:o)

Gavin they could never get mad enough...:)

Fozzy.

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2013, 10:22:16 AM »
I'd love to see an Empulse racing at IOM : )

I think this is also the answer to whether Brammo will race eRoadRacing in Europe this next year. The prototype RR bikes, I imagine, will stay state-side and race AFM and (hopefully) Kowitz's AHRMA-affiliated series.

I guess Lightning will probably defend its PPIHC title. I'd love to see Brammo here too - it can't be that expensive, and I think the Empulse is a fair bit lighter than the Lightning. Assuming Carlin Dunne stays on the Lightning, there have got to be some riders chomping at the bit to take him down..

It'd be cool to see Lightning do AFM racing too, since they're in that area. I'm not sure they'll race the AHRMA series.

MotoCzysz has been quiet for a while now. I hope that's not bad news for their principal's health. : (

I'd like to see Mission - either Motors or Motorcycles - put a bike on the grid this year, if just to give Brammo something to race against. I'm not holding my breath.

Muench has a placeholder site up for the TTE-3 bike. I'd love to see them come back and compete at the top.
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2013, 11:35:58 AM »

2014   TT  24th May – 6th June

holy crap...that is the exact time we are in Ireland...

off to look at flights from the emerald isle to the island of MEN.

ohhh, the wife is gonna kill me. I told her we probably didn't have time to hit Paris...but now I'm gonna tell her we have time for a motorcycle race...I'm a dead man.

Gavin