Author Topic: Brammo $2k Incentive on Empulse and $1k on Enertia Plus  (Read 1215 times)

EmpulseRider

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
Brammo $2k Incentive on Empulse and $1k on Enertia Plus
« on: January 02, 2014, 10:29:47 AM »
Looks like new buyers will get a nice price drop for the Empulse and Enertia Plus!

Here is the newsletter received via email this morning:

'Brammo Introduces Retail Incentives as Federal Tax Credit for Two Wheel Electric Vehicles Expires.

ASHLAND, Ore., Jan. 2, 2014  Brammo, Inc., a leading developer of electric vehicle technology and manufacturer of electric vehicles, announces a $2000 retail incentive on the 2013 Brammo Empulse and a $1000 retail incentive on the 2013 Enertia Plus.

These incentives will ensure that those riders who want to purchase a model year 2013 Brammo don’t see the after tax cost increase by 10% simply because the Federal Tax Incentive has now expired.

This time last year, U.S. Senator Ron Wyden (D-Ore.), Congressman Greg Walden (R-Ore.), and U.S. Sen. Jeff Merkley (D-Ore.) successfully sought an extension of the Federal Tax Credit for two wheel electric vehicles for 2012 and 2013. That extension has now expired.

Brammo continues to lobby for an extension of the Federal Tax Credit for two wheel vehicles. Craig Bramscher, CEO and Founder of Brammo said, “It is widely accepted that Federal Incentives will help kick start the EV industry.  Four wheel EVs, from the Tesla S to the Smart Car, receive a $7500 Federal Tax Credit. Our customers and dealers believe that a 10% incentive on two wheel EV’s will provide benefits ranging from decreased dependence on fossil fuels to a cleaner environment, and we agree."'

Happy new year everyone!
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 10:33:12 AM by EmpulseRider »

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
Re: Brammo $2k Incentive on Empulse and $1k on Enertia Plus
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2014, 08:09:08 PM »
Interesting...this also likely means that Brammo believes that the government incentives are history.

But if those incentives come back, you could get a Brammo for 10% off and also get 10% off your taxes...that would be stellar...

Gavin

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2014, 08:17:12 PM »
I'll go ahead and call a $2000 price cut for both the R and the E1, putting the R directly inline with the Zero SR and the E1 directly in line with the S ZF11.4.

*whistles innocently*

Note that Brammo didn't technically cut prices, as they did with the Enertia Classic. Not sure what are the ramifications of that decision.

The E1 at $15k is also not far off of the original $14k price for the 2011 Empulse 10.0.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 08:22:52 PM by protomech »
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/

EmpulseRider

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2014, 02:02:15 PM »
Would be very cool if they could offer an Empulse with lower grade components for around 13K... somehow. The only complaint I ever get when discussing the Empulse with others is the price. People are very impressed with the idea and are usually blown away by the design.

frodus

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2014, 05:16:24 PM »
Tell them you pay for energy up front and charge for pennies.... And they pay for just the bike and have to fork over dough every time the fill up.

I think it's about the same cost of ownership on a nice ICE compared with an electric motorcycle.

Shinysideup

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2014, 10:41:50 PM »
Or send them here and let them figure it out for themselves:

http://www.empulsebuyer.com/tcoCalculator.php

EmpulseRider

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2014, 09:37:52 PM »
LOL, I always mention the fact that, in the long run, they are very cost effective when compared to ICE motos. Sometimes I feel like a broken record mentioning my calculator. I think it is effective in getting my point across.

I need to get these new incentives into the calculator!
« Last Edit: January 08, 2014, 09:40:48 PM by EmpulseRider »

Shinysideup

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2014, 04:03:24 PM »
Sometimes I feel like a broken record mentioning my calculator.

Hmm... gives me an idea. I might print up some cards: on the front they would say, "What if you didn't have to change engine oil, oil filter, air filter, fuel filter, spark plugs, valve adjustments?" On the back would be the URL to your great calculator.

I would hand over the card, twist my throttle, and howl away to the horizon. 8)