Author Topic: New Dealer in San Francisco...for the Enerita Plus...and an important question..  (Read 947 times)

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
Edit: Not a Dealer, but a rental network: "The future of urban transportation. Shared electric scooters when you want them."

Their mission statement, cuz we all love mission statements:

Mission
To make your life in the city faster, cheaper, greener, and more fun.

Description
Scoot lets SF locals rent vespa-style, all electric-scooters by the hour, ride them around town, and drop them off when they're done. It's fun, cheap, and super efficient. Think: bike-sharing for electric scooters — that turn on with a smartphone! Faster than the bus, cheaper than cabs, and way more fun than sitting in traffic in a car.

Grab a scoot from one of our 12 parking garages around SF, ride wherever you want, and drop-off at any other Scoot location when you're done. Visit www.scootnetworks.com/#ourlocations to find the closest scoot to you!

No motorcycle license or previous scooting experience required, plug into any outlet to recharge the battery, and we've got a helmet waiting for you each time you ride. Download the app at http://bit.ly/1bSMre0 or bookmark the page www.scootnetworks.com/app

end of edit:

First things first.
On Facebook I see this site:

https://www.facebook.com/scootnetworks

I see this photo and caption:

"Look what we found under our tree! SUPER SCOOT!"

Ok...so I know that motorcycle...I've put over 9000 miles on a couple of bikes just like that...That is an Enertia Plus.

But "SUPER SCOOT!"? Admittedly: it is a single gear, twist and go...so somewhat scooter-like. But you straddle and ride the Enertia Plus just like a motorcycle (ie...straddle the "engine"=motorcycle vs. sit on the "engine"=scooter).

Second things second...they have a link to a questionnaire. And it seems they are really really REALLY pushing this Super Scoot name. 

https://docs.google.com/a/eou.edu/forms/d/1UUJf-4TvRIYKq3B2fLzcJVFeBjFPKlcZ-dkPZKvZxLE/viewform

Now I'm fine with them using this name as they are a scooter only store...but golly I sure hope Brammo isn't re-branding the Plus as a Super Scoot. Gah.

I can see marketing that the Plus is a hybrid of a motorcycle and scooter--the best of both worlds...or something like that...but I am less than in love with Super Scoot...and I am a happy scooter and motorcycle rider...I have no problem with scooters...In fact I would love Brammo to make a true scooter...storage, leg shield, no straddling of the bike.

So the question: Enertia Plus or Super Scoot, which do you prefer?

+++

Anyways...a new dealer in San Fran is good to have. Now add one in Albuquerque...make a special blue meth model...

oh wait, I think Brammo already has a blue meth model: 

« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 04:23:27 PM by Gavin »

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
Ah...so not a dealer...they rent electric scooter for rides around San Francisco...

That is great. Lots of visibility, lots of different riders. I think this is great as the Enertia Plus is very easy to ride. I image they will have saddle bags as most scooter rental people will carry something with them.

Good for Brammo. Good for San Fran riders. Still hate the name.

Gavin

Shinysideup

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
Sounds like a great service, but I can't imagine how they get around the motorcycle license requirement.

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
Oh, they will need it for the Super Scoot...but their other scooters only go 30 mph...so no motorcycle license needed....similar to 50cc scooters.

They will likely either have a different pass for Enertia Plus renters (I can only type super scoot so many times), or different access codes...something so non- MC license renters can not take an Enertia out on the town.

Gavin

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
I like the Enertia name.

Enertia is definitely a motorcycle, albeit a relatively low-powered bike. An RS50 or a CBR125 are also definitely motorcycles.
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/