Author Topic: Getting a visit from BrammoJen!  (Read 1196 times)

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Getting a visit from BrammoJen!
« on: July 14, 2010, 09:10:25 PM »
It's true!  Brammojen is showing up tomorrow at my house to update my Enertia's firmware.  I am fortunate enough to live in Kansas City (now there's a phrase you don't hear very often) which is the former hometown of Brammo Tech Jennifer.  She was gracious enough to offer to come out while she's on her vacation and update my dashboard firmware from version 1.2x to 1.3x...

Of course, it will be filmed/documented etc.  I hope she doesn't mind... it's about 90 degrees here and the heat index this morning at 7am was over 90.  I'm sure tomorrow will be similarly hot/humid.  Good thing she's showing up early. :P
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

Kelly Olsen

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Brammo Riders Of Southern California
    • Email
Re: Getting a visit from BrammoJen!
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2010, 02:31:14 AM »
How did it go?

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2010, 09:04:05 AM »
It went great, actually.  The upgrade happened so fast, I didn't even get it on video.  It was so great of Jennifer to take time out of her vacation to come take care of this.

The report of her visit kind of got lost in the Empulse news.

Kelly Olsen

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2010, 02:52:50 PM »
....it happened so fast, I didn't even get it on video.

How come this is what everybody says. "Well, it was kind of cigar shaped, and had a bunch of very brights lights and hovered over me, and then it was gone. I was kind of stunned and didn't have time to get my camera."
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 02:54:36 PM by Kelly »

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2010, 03:03:34 PM »
Ha!  Well, she definitely wasn't cigar-shaped, but I was pretty stunned to be in the presence of this Brammo Superstar.

I have to say, however, that she made me feel very fat.  She told me that her Enertia's fan almost never kicks on and that, in part, it's probably because she doesn't weigh as much as I do. 

I don't know... does this Brammo make me look fat?

Kelly Olsen

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2010, 03:42:06 PM »
I have to say, however, that she made me feel very fat.  She told me that her Enertia's fan almost never kicks on and that, in part, it's probably because she doesn't weigh as much as I do. 

I don't know... does this Brammo make me look fat?

Is this possible, really? Is there a connection to fan activity and weight of the rider. I was just under the impression that weight would affect range but never thought of it affecting operating temperature of the motor.

If so, I can see the next Jenny Craig commercials involving an Enertia.

As far as your question about your Brammo making you look fat:

YouTube - GEICO Commercial - Honest Abe

HighlanderMWC

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2010, 04:23:14 PM »
Is this possible, really? Is there a connection to fan activity and weight of the rider. I was just under the impression that weight would affect range but never thought of it affecting operating temperature of the motor.

Since November I've ridden (almost) daily and had my weight vary from a high of 215lbs down to 188lbs. I have seen no correlation between range and body weight (I'm sure there is, but the amount would seem to be less than the variation due to other factors). There was definitely no correlation between my mass and the fan coming on though.

Outside temp and how hard and long I run wide open are the only strong correlations I have found with the fan. We're having a pretty cold summer here in San Francisco with many days under 60 and I'm not seeing the fan come on very often at all unless I'm cranking the throttle.