Author Topic: Some motorcycle art I modified  (Read 3235 times)

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Some motorcycle art I modified
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2014, 11:46:04 AM »
If Brammofan can send me the files I get cracking at it.

Sent. :D
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

Shinysideup

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2014, 02:06:50 PM »
I didn't use the clone tool (couldn't figure out how) but I selected a good wedge of the tire, pasted, and rotated it to try to fill in.  Let me know what you think.

Nailed it!

flar

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2014, 04:44:12 PM »
Sorry, I have some technical knowledge here, but I'm not handy as an artist and I don't have much time for this.  I do have a full CS subscription, though, as I've been intending to dabble in this, but so far I only use it for some basic photo editing.

The fixup on the tire looks great, btw - at least at this resolution...
Current bikes: 2013 Brammo Empulse R, 2005 BMW R1200RT
Prior bikes: 1988 Honda Hawk GT, 1997 BMW F650

flar

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2014, 04:47:48 PM »
Another thing to note about the new artwork (everyone's a critic) - the original shows a motorcycle at the beginning of a road that leads off the page to ?endless wonders?.  The Brammo version is flipped so that the Empulse looks like it's at the end of the road...?

RolfC

• Enciter
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: May 24, 2014, 03:07:18 PM »
I've received  the files and created a pdf which can be scaled without the loss of quality. Photoshop is a good tool, but the best option for illustrations like this one is Illustrator or Coral draw. I've used the image from the owners manual because that is also an illustration which can be altered in illustrator. (That image is also missing the rear shock) so I had to draw one. Besides that, I've added a chain, front disk and brake.

I have to agree with Flar I would have liked to see that the bike rides from left to right, but Brammo did not use an image from the other side. I've te see what I can do. It's not simply mirroring the image.

You can download the file below
« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 03:42:10 PM by RolfC »
2014 Brammo Empulse-R

Shinysideup

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 24, 2014, 03:23:51 PM »
Yep: everyone's a critic!

I say you guys are being too literal. It's an artistic silhouette and as such can take some poetic license with mechanical reality for the sake of graphic impact. It don't need to stinkin' shocks!

Left to right or vice versa doesn't matter to me, but I think the issue is the colored band at the lower background ends abruptly at the front tire in the Empulse version. Why not just extend it all the way to both side edges of the poster?

If you DO choose to flip it, you could also dispense with literalism and have the motor side still visible but going in the opposite direction. On a poster, who would object?

I'd love to see this poster on the wall in the new niche where Scuderia has corralled their Brammo machines. Along with the new FUel T-shirt and maybe a flat screen looping the recent race battle with the sound of the electric motor turned up loud enough to grab the attention of wandering customers browsing the shop.

RolfC

• Enciter
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: May 24, 2014, 03:31:05 PM »
Here one for Shinysideup
2014 Brammo Empulse-R

Shinysideup

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 24, 2014, 07:07:22 PM »
OK, OK... I'll admit that with chain, sprocket, shock, and front brake and rotor, it DOES look more like a real motorcycle. Still the spare silhouette has its charm.

I'll see if the management at Scuderia wants to display this. I suppose it could be made into a poster at any capable print shop, from the pdf file?

EmpulseRider

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2014, 09:28:46 PM »
Wow! RolfC nice job refining Brammofan's creative work! Now that is production ready!

Somewhat picky request, can we get a version with a white background?

Anyone know of a good online shop that will print this out in poster size? The plotters I have access to are not going to give me the quality I would like.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 09:37:23 PM by EmpulseRider »

flar

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2014, 03:03:59 AM »
My apologies for some confusion I probably caused.  I agree with Shinysideup that the original orientation with the bike pointing to the left would be fine as long as the road didn't end at the front tire - that was the main thing that looked odd to me.  The new details on the bike would be more accurate in that orientation as well.

I also agree that we don't need too many details to make it convey the artistry of Brammo's design.  It is still missing a lot of parts if anyone were to get down to the nitty gritty (passenger pegs, mirrors, tail section, turn signals, even the rider's own pegs and foot levers are missing, or maybe this is the TTX?...  ;)  The silhouette lines and the battery brackets are the important parts of the look.  The chain and shock do add a nice techy mechanically touch, but I don't think it's worth sweating about any finer details than this...

flar

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2014, 03:06:20 AM »
Kinkos can print out posters and you can submit jobs online.

We should probably get sign off from Brammo before we try to post it in dealer showrooms or other public displays, though...

RolfC

• Enciter
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2014, 03:40:23 AM »
Somewhat picky request, can we get a version with a white background?

White background is easy as it now is a vector drawing. If you want a different color panels on the bike of a different color letters. Anything is possible.
2014 Brammo Empulse-R

RolfC

• Enciter
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: May 25, 2014, 03:57:21 AM »
It is still missing a lot of parts if anyone were to get down to the nitty gritty (passenger pegs, mirrors, tail section, turn signals, even the rider's own pegs and foot levers are missing, or maybe this is the TTX?...  ;)

The mirrors I've removed on purpose.  Brammofan did't have them and a lot of people remove them. (It looks better without them. And the tailsection isn't even on the brammo owners manual. Maybe I do a tailtidy kit, but I need some good pictures.
2014 Brammo Empulse-R

flar

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 25, 2014, 02:58:32 PM »
It is still missing a lot of parts if anyone were to get down to the nitty gritty (passenger pegs, mirrors, tail section, turn signals, even the rider's own pegs and foot levers are missing, or maybe this is the TTX?...  ;)

The mirrors I've removed on purpose.  Brammofan did't have them and a lot of people remove them. (It looks better without them. And the tailsection isn't even on the brammo owners manual. Maybe I do a tailtidy kit, but I need some good pictures.

I guess my point was not to suggest those things, but to point out that there is a slippery slope of detail before the artistry of the picture loses out to technical pedantics and I think you've reached a good stopping point on how detailed the bike itself is.  It looks great the way it is.

RolfC

• Enciter
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: May 25, 2014, 04:15:01 PM »
It looks great the way it is.

Thx
2014 Brammo Empulse-R