Author Topic: new owner's impressions  (Read 2288 times)

theoplus

• View Profile
    • Email
new owner's impressions
« on: July 18, 2014, 08:54:16 PM »
To begin, a little background about myself:
  I am a 52 year old exhibition designer.  I design exhibition concepts for the display of art and artifacts for museums and private clients.  I live in Northern NJ and I have a short daily commute to my office of approximately 12 miles round-trip.  A newbie rider, I decided to purchase an electric motorcycle because I wanted a hassle-free and maintenance-free bike that would also provide a thrill that was lacking from my car.  After months of research, discussions with dealers and reps and a few demo rides, I decided to purchase an Enertia Plus. 
  The bike has been everything I had hoped for; user-friendly, fun and functional.  Besides a few days when heavy rain forced a decision to take the car, the Plus has performed exceedingly well.  I have grown more comfortable on the Enertia with every mile I add to the odometer and I find myself waiting for the work day to end...it's a great stress reliever. 
  The Pros; the motorcycle is easy to use and comfortable to ride.  It is quick and agile, making even a short commute exhilarating.
  Mixed; it gets a lot of attention...perhaps too much.  It is difficult to make it back to the office during a lunch break because people want to stop you and asked questions.  I already feel like a spokesperson for the brand, with a prepared speech touting the benefits of Brammo and the Enertia.
  The Cons; the silence of the bike has gotten me up close and personal with the local wildlife.  After the first encounter with a startled deer, I have become quite quick with the horn button.  The only other 'minor' issue to report is concerns with the amount of bugs and road grime that collect on the bike after even a short ride.  Maybe its just the volume of insects currently invading my area -fortunately the bike is easy to clean and I don't mind the time it takes to shine it like new.
Regards, Theoplus

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: new owner's impressions
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2014, 09:43:08 AM »
Welcome to the forum, theoplus! Glad you love your bike. Hope to see some photos, if you get the chance.
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

Roan

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
    • Green Motorcycles - weblog
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2014, 10:51:23 AM »
Welcome Theo. Good choice, the Enertia is a very easy to ride and requires basic maintenance. Timeless model.
Photos are very welcome here, actually required.  8)
Plug in - Hop on - Ride electric

theoplus

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2014, 04:04:53 PM »
Thanks for the replies.  In response to the requests, here is a pic of my Enertia Plus...

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2014, 04:15:44 PM »
Looks great! Beautiful backdrop, too.
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki