Author Topic: I'm sure Brian will come to give the 411 about the new refuel lap record  (Read 1879 times)

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
But from Shane The Torpedo Turpin...there is a new refuel lap record...

Congrats to Brammo and a fine team of racers and builders...

G

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog

1:31:63...how does that compare to race times? I forget what Mission did ...though I remember that refuel times tend to be slower as the track is tore up from the cars....

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
7 seconds faster than Eric last year...12 seconds faster than Mission at refuel a couple (3?) of years ago...

Times keep improving...speeds keep climbing.

G

Domenick

• View Profile
Brian got a trophy of his own, also.

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
This is excellent news, thanks for sharing!

Now, hurry up, Brian...we're waiting. ::)
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
I moved Laguna Seca lap time records to another thread.

1'31.630 is barely shy of Steve Rapp's fastest qualifying lap, but even with only a single hot lap it's almost a full second faster than Turpin's fastest race lap last year at the ePower race. Very impressive!
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 12:08:29 PM by protomech »
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Thanks for that, proto!

Does anyone know how many bikes raced?  I mentioned to Ms.Brammofan that Brian came in third and her typical reply was, "well, how many bikes? If there were only three, that's not saying much."   >:(
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
Nice info that Brian raced...

Brammo did well...Rapp's time should easily fall next year...unless the track is covered with Tesla tire bits...

G

BrammoBrian

• Obsessive Empulsive
  • Brammovangelist
  • Director of Product Development - Brammo, Inc.
    • View Profile
    • BRAMMO
    • Email
Sorry for the late report - we were travelling back from Monterey yesterday and internet at the motel was painfully slow. 

We had a great time at the event this year and I managed to podium on my "competitive debut" (I can't call it a "race" or the wife won't approve).  To answer Mrs. Brammofan, there were 10 competitors in the Production Electric class. I ended the day happy with my riding, although my fastest lap was not done during the Time Trial.  I rode safely and even lead all production bikes in the first practice session (3rd overall behind Shane and Eric), which was cool.     

More importantly, though, we saw big improvements in lap times for both the RR and the TTX with Shane Turpin and EBoz at the controls, respectively.  Shane and Eric took 1st and 2nd in the Electric Modified class and were the class of the field by far. 

Overall, it was a fantastic event and I would recommend that anyone that has even a remote interest of riding on the track to come out next year.  It's a very friendly environment to learn to ride both faster AND safer, plus - you'll get to hang out with other like-minded individuals in the paddock.   8)

More info/photos to follow soon...