Author Topic: My Enertia Wont Work "SERVICE REQ'D D4  (Read 3868 times)

werm_works

• Empulse Guru
    • AOL Instant Messenger - jeffyyaki
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - vespa_1004
    • View Profile
    • Email
My Enertia Wont Work "SERVICE REQ'D D4
« on: July 26, 2010, 11:17:09 AM »
was working fine last night but it was soo late in the night that I was soo tired to park in the garage so I left it outside then this morning I was about to move it to the garage and it wont work and gave me this error, I called Dave H. but he is still in  Laguna Seca so he said he will come over tomorrow.

Dave H. is an amazing guy I know he is all tired and all but he didn't hesitate in trying to fix my bike as soon as he can, I know I should make him rest too and just have him work on my bike like a day or 2 when he gets back but at the same time I need my eco transporter for the unemployed 

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: My Enertia Wont Work "SERVICE REQ'D D4
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2010, 12:21:06 PM »
According to page 78 of the new owners manual, a D4 code means "DMC Not Communicating". 

I'm sure Dave Harvey will take care of you. He's one of the hardest-working and nicest guys I've had the pleasure of meeting.

The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

werm_works

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2010, 10:31:51 PM »
Whats a DMC? Dave was suppose to call and come today but I guess the Laguna Seca campaign took a toll on his body, I wont be bugging him till tomorrow noon

Phantom

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2010, 05:43:11 AM »
Whats a DMC?

I am guessing it is a digital controller.

Electronic Controls
The TTR's digital controller (the large, finned-aluminum box hung beneath the battery pack) monitors both throttle input and rear-wheel speed, then uses that information to transmit power from the batteries to the motor. Made by DMC (Digital Motor Control) in Germany, this is a beefed-up version of the same highly tunable control unit used on the production Enertia.

I found this from an article posted online: http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/firstrides/122_0910_2010_brammo_enertia_ttr/hard_parts.html

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2010, 07:26:40 AM »
this is a beefed-up version of the same highly tunable control unit used on the production Enertia.
*sigh* ::)

Phantom

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2010, 09:02:22 AM »
*sigh* ::)

Some day, Brammofan....some day.  ;D

Any updates on correcting the D4 error? Were any parts sent to Brammo headquarters?

werm_works

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2010, 11:22:37 PM »
Dave took my bike and lent me his own, just got it back today, I havent tested it but he said he had to replace/update a few wires that was too thick causing it not to go in a certain slot well causing moisture to get it which caused my bike not to work, it made sense because it was the first time I left the bike outside the garage and morning dew had dampened the particular said wire.

BTW when I was using Dave's bike it seemed slower and but what caught my attention was when I hit a big bump and made the rear wheel rub on the rear fender causing the rear reflector to fly off and leaving a bit of a mark on the fender tip. Has anyone experienced this? I'm thinking of cutting that small extended piece.

Phantom

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2010, 06:16:21 AM »
Thanks for the update. Over time, I hope we can learn about what causes the error codes and what is the corrective action.

No, I am not aware if my rear wheel ever hitting the rear fender.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 08:05:57 AM by Phantom »

werm_works

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2010, 02:01:25 AM »
I tested the bike this morning and it was weird before I got it to work it gave me another Service Required message but this time it said D20. I called dave and left a message. Being persistent to ride the my Enertia (Evee) I cycled the throttle switch twice and it came off and worked great.

Still very curious to find out whats the deal with the D20 code.

I soo wish they would disclose to us all the trouble codes these bikes have, something simple may help us save money for towing or pushing the bike God Forbid something goes wrong like my moisture incident which I'm sure if I only knew could remedy it by wiping of the moisture in case of emergency that I cant leave the bike where it was and just driving it home till Super Dave comes to the rescue

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2010, 05:41:14 AM »
Still very curious to find out whats the deal with the D20 code.
I soo wish they would disclose to us all the trouble codes these bikes have, something simple may help us save money for towing or pushing the bike
The codes are at least available for viewing on page 78 of the new owners manual (.pdf file)  It says a D20 is "DMC Motor Over-Current (Disable Drive)."
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 11:16:46 AM by Brammofan »

werm_works

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2010, 08:52:38 AM »
Sweet!!! Good looking out I just hope I get my new manual in the mail soon, did any of you guys did already?

Oh looking at it closely some errors were vaguely described more details would be cool but for now this is nice to know and have

Phantom

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2010, 11:03:27 AM »
...hope I get my new manual in the mail soon, did any of you guys did already?

No, I have not received a mailed-copy yet.

I am glad your Enertia is working fine again.