Author Topic: Car enthusiasts celebrate National Drive Electric Day - Orlando Sentinel  (Read 830 times)

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

FreepZ

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Empulse Experience
    • Email
Re: Car enthusiasts celebrate National Drive Electric Day - Orlando Sentinel
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2014, 06:28:52 PM »
Ha ha! That's me (and my favorite mode of transport)!
;D

I was rather surprised and delighted that they featured a photograph of the Empulse. To my left was a very sweet looking Tesla, and to my right was a Malibu that had been converted into a hybrid by college students. Both were very attractive machines, but the Empulse out shone them all that day! Interestingly, the Empulse was the only bike there - the rest of the vehicles were mostly Volts, then Leafs, Teslas, and finally a few others.

As much as I loved the attention, this was a telling sign of the lack of awareness that people have of electric motorcycles. I was talking to a young student of motorcycle engineering today, and her teacher asserted that there were no production electric motorcycles available today. She knew of the recently announced electric Harley Davidson, but not of either Brammo or Zero. Hopefully she will be able to set her teacher (and the rest of the class) straight on that subject with a picture of her astride my Empulse. "No, that's not a unicorn, that's a real, honest to goodness electric motorcycle I'm sitting on."

Hopefully, HD entering into the EV arena will raise awareness about all electric motorcycles. I suspect that they have many more advertising dollars than Brammo or Zero.
Richard #935 #595 #44

protomech

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • ProtoBlog
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2014, 07:05:37 PM »
I suspect Harley's marketing budget for Project Livewire exceeds Brammo and Zero's entire annual budgets combined.
1999 Honda VFR800i | 2014 Zero SR
Check out who's near you on frodus's EV owner map!
http://protomech.wordpress.com/

FreepZ

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Empulse Experience
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2014, 06:34:25 PM »
I have to admit that I haven't been spending all that much time on this forum of late (I'd rather spend the time riding my Empulse!) and I've only just noticed that Brammo had significantly reduced their prices. (OMG did they reduce them!!! :o) While at the EV Expo, I was telling everybody the old prices, and now that I'm looking at the promotion prices, I feel a bit bad about misquoting the price. Ah well, hopefully they will be very pleasantly surprised if they hit the website and see the current prices.

Richard #935 #595 #44