Author Topic: A Word of Caution About MTS - Motorcycle Towing Service  (Read 1126 times)

Roland Stone

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
A Word of Caution About MTS - Motorcycle Towing Service
« on: October 03, 2014, 10:23:05 PM »
Called MTS today just to get a feel for the company.  Don't intend letting just anyone claiming to be specialized in motorcycle retrieval hauling my broke Brammo.  Turns out the guy who answered the MTS customer service number didn't seem all that jacked up or willing to tell me the MTS affiliated MC towing companies in my area who specialize in MC pick up.  Called one of the companies the guy mentioned finally (because I was being insistant) and the company rep told me he never heard of MTS.  It was a bike shop and they subsequently turned me on to the company they use and highly recommended.  Called that company and so happens he was listed with MTS, so, first encounter a little shakey but some information success.  If I ever do need to calll MTS I will insist they send the company recommended by the bike shop, and then it'll only be for the trip to my house.  Anything beyond those distance limits and I'll be trailering the bike myself to the dealer which is three hours away.  Gotta love it!  Anyway, suggest getting a feel for the MC towing companies in your area that are on MTS list and then satisfy yourself you'd be comfortable letting one of those companies touch your bike.  Once you're down somewhere will be a little late to do any checking.