Author Topic: ELMOFO racing a Brammo Empulse R in Australia  (Read 2182 times)

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
ELMOFO racing a Brammo Empulse R in Australia
« on: November 19, 2014, 09:40:27 AM »
From their Facebook page:

ELMOFO will have an entry in the last round of the 2014 Australian eFXC Superbike Race Series this weekend in the form of our recently purchased Brammo Empulse TTX.
This particular bike has enjoyed a lot of success in the US in the hands of Eric Bostrom....and we are excited to have local pro-rider, Simon Galloway, to help us continue to demonstrate the capabilities of this high performance modified production bike down here in the land of Oz.
There should be a good mix of bikes in this round including some modified production along with some super-high-powered privately built bikes.
It should be a great weekend of racing at Eastern Creek so come on down and check it out. Practice Friday and racing Saturday and Sunday. Check a schedule though as I'm pretty sure the electrics will be the first and last races each day.

Some great pics there that you should check out. Here's one:

The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

Jeff

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
Re: ELMOFO racing a Brammo Empulse R in Australia
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2014, 04:12:35 PM »
I still do not understand why I can't buy an ELMOFO t-shirt.

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2014, 04:20:33 PM »
I just asked them that very question. Comment here:

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2014, 04:38:17 PM »
He just replied!
Hi Harry. Thanks for the support. We do have ELMOFO T-shirts and Caps that we sell over here. I will get them listed on our online store so you can see what they look like. Can also arrange to ship some over.

Jeff

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2014, 02:50:59 AM »
Bwahaha!!!  I sent them an email during lunch today, too.

Looks like they're up!  http://www.elmofo.com.au/accessories/elmofo-logo-tshirt.html

I love the internet.

Jeff

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2014, 02:57:01 AM »
Uh oh.  Their country drop-down menu only allows me to pick Australia.  Perhaps that's what was meant by "can also arrange to ship some over" . . . .

Halp how do I give money

BrammoBrian

• Obsessive Empulsive
  • Brammovangelist
  • Director of Product Development - Brammo, Inc.
    • View Profile
    • BRAMMO
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2014, 01:32:20 PM »
Yesterday was Race 1 and 2 and everyone is pleased with the result, even though it doesn't sound the greatest without the backstory.  Simon Galloway finished 4th of 4 starters in Race 1 and 2. However, the Zero SR failed to start the races and the 3 that finished ahead of him were high voltage prototype bikes.  They were also only running 3 laps, which is crazy short, and allows the higher powered prototypes to use smaller battery packs and not carry the usual weight penalty for all that power.  The track itself also favored the higher powered bikes with its very long front straight.  Still, Simon was able to pull 122 mph in Race 1 and not fall too far behind bikes with double or more horsepower.  He was also able to get a great start, using the Empulse 6-speed to get off the line quick. 

Race 1 result: http://www.computime.com.au/meetings/2014/SWANN6/SWANN14_6_R01_RES.HTML

Race 2 result: http://www.computime.com.au/meetings/2014/SWANN6/SWANN14_6_R17_RES.HTML

Simon was able to trim a couple of seconds off his best lap time from Race 1 with a gearing change and continuing to get more familiar with the bike.  He was also able to cut the gap down to the race winner, the 700Vdc Voltron, by several seconds.  Not a bad showing at all for "production tech" vs. prototype in my opinion. 

Now... if we could only get the RR over there for next season... ;)

More videos, photos and info here: https://www.facebook.com/efxc2014/timeline

kingcharles

• Empulse E1 80-MF-DR
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
Re: Re: ELMOFO racing a Brammo Empulse R in Australia
« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2014, 02:16:45 PM »

Now... if we could only get the RR over there for next season... ;)

That almost sounds like a promise!

But seriously, a great effort for a first time race with the TTX by Elmofo. Lap times not far off the HV bikes. But why the 3 lap races? Too short!
Once you go EV, gas is history!

Gavin

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Sol Power.  BrammoBlog
« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2014, 03:57:07 PM »
I keep hoping the RR is a production bike by Next season and races those prototypes....and wins

G
« Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 03:59:03 PM by Gavin »

BrammoBrian

• Obsessive Empulsive
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • BRAMMO
    • Email
Re: Re: ELMOFO racing a Brammo Empulse R in Australia
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2014, 04:59:15 PM »
But seriously, a great effort for a first time race with the TTX by Elmofo. Lap times not far off the HV bikes. But why the 3 lap races? Too short!

Agreed on both points!  They should at least run 6 lap races (maybe a "sprint" and "endurance" race since they run 2 per day?) and also let them race the gas bikes so the grid isn't so empty.  I think eMotoRacing with AHRMA is about a year ahead of where the eFXC series is in this regard, but I hope it continues to grow as they have the start of something really cool with multiple prototype bikes, inclusion in a major series, live streaming coverage, and relatively close racing.   

BrammoBrian

• Obsessive Empulsive
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • BRAMMO
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2014, 06:02:38 PM »
Looks like ELMOFO just scored their first podium with a 3rd place finish in race 3!

http://www.computime.com.au/meetings/2014/SWANN6/SWANN14_6_R18_RES.HTML

dbsuperbiker

• Enciter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2014, 08:35:00 PM »
I'm really enjoying the exposure this series is getting.
Maybe we should arrange a "Match Race" !

BrammoBrian

• Obsessive Empulsive
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • BRAMMO
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2014, 11:27:08 PM »

Funny you should mention it... in 2012, the World Final for TTXGP was held at Daytona as one of 2 events run with AHRMA that year.  We had the pleasure of having the Catavolt team from Australia come out to represent Oz with Jason Morris riding. Unfortunately, the sheer magnitude of the Daytona track caught them (and everyone else) off-guard and wreaked havoc on batteries, motors, and controllers.  Brammo had challenges of our own, but ended up victorious over the reigning European and World TTXGP champs - Muench Racing. 

Here's a nice recap video from that event:   

Anyhow... I think you're right, that we're long overdue for an event that pits the best eMotos around the world against each other. It's what everyone's been wanting to happen and never able to pull off - mostly due to logistics and costs.  I reckon there's a potential grid of over 20 bikes if you could get everyone together. 

In the meantime, here's another nice photo of the TTX at Sydney Motorsports Park...

Too bad that was their last race of the season and now the racing is truly done and over until next year... :(

dbsuperbiker

• Enciter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2014, 09:39:48 AM »
thanks for the video!!  I haven't seen it before now, pretty cool.

we need an airline to sponsor the 'match race' idea

roma258

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2014, 11:43:54 AM »

Funny you should mention it... in 2012, the World Final for TTXGP was held at Daytona as one of 2 events run with AHRMA that year.  We had the pleasure of having the Catavolt team from Australia come out to represent Oz with Jason Morris riding. Unfortunately, the sheer magnitude of the Daytona track caught them (and everyone else) off-guard and wreaked havoc on batteries, motors, and controllers.  Brammo had challenges of our own, but ended up victorious over the reigning European and World TTXGP champs - Muench Racing. 

Here's a nice recap video from that event:   

Anyhow... I think you're right, that we're long overdue for an event that pits the best eMotos around the world against each other. It's what everyone's been wanting to happen and never able to pull off - mostly due to logistics and costs.  I reckon there's a potential grid of over 20 bikes if you could get everyone together. 

In the meantime, here's another nice photo of the TTX at Sydney Motorsports Park...

Too bad that was their last race of the season and now the racing is truly done and over until next year... :(
What I don't get is why this is their last race of the season, isn't their summer just starting? Anyway, very cool stuff, even with the lameness of only 3 laps. Glad they got the Brammos down there, some great exposure I'm sure.