Author Topic: Brammo's future  (Read 1406 times)

roma258

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
Brammo's future
« on: December 06, 2014, 04:04:13 PM »
Hey guys, I'm a relatively new Brammo owner, in fact still waiting for my bike to arrive, but I've been following the company since at least 2010 when stories about the Empulse started showing up. Just wondering what people think about the future of Brammo as a motorcycle company. I'm sure it's been discussed, but the lack of 2015 models, combined with the big sale is a bit strange, if not concerning. Not trying to be chicken little, just wondering what the general thought is about things moving forward.

csspring

• 2013 Brammo Empulse R
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Brammo's future
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2014, 05:03:09 PM »
being bought by Polaris? :o

Richard230

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2014, 05:28:10 PM »
My uninformed opinion (other than reading various press releases this year) is that Brammo will go into the EV consulting (and maybe battery manufacturing) business and Polaris will pick up the motorcycle production and sales end of the company, producing Brammo motorcycles in their own factory and selling them through their own dealer network.  Personally, I think that would be great for the entire electric motorcycle industry, considering Polaris's resources and reputation around the world.

I note that there was a Polaris press release about 8 months ago where Polaris named someone as their motorcycle VP and listed the brands that he was responsible for.  The list of brands included Brammo.   ???
current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2011 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Classic, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2007 BMW R1200R, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

roma258

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2014, 05:42:57 PM »
My uninformed opinion (other than reading various press releases this year) is that Brammo will go into the EV consulting (and maybe battery manufacturing) business and Polaris will pick up the motorcycle production and sales end of the company, producing Brammo motorcycles in their own factory and selling them through their own dealer network.  Personally, I think that would be great for the entire electric motorcycle industry, considering Polaris's resources and reputation around the world.

I note that there was a Polaris press release about 8 months ago where Polaris named someone as their motorcycle VP and listed the brands that he was responsible for.  The list of brands included Brammo.   ???
So the thinking is Brammo clears out their inventory and Polaris takes over production? That would be pretty awesome, assuming they continue to honor the warranty and maintain parts supplies. Probably the best outcome for everyone involved.

Richard230

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2014, 08:48:40 PM »
That is my thought.  It just makes a lot of business sense to me. Especially as I am pretty sure that Craig prefers to develop new products instead of slogging it out being a vehicle manufacturer. And Polaris is already heavily invested in Brammo.  It wouldn't be very difficult for Polaris to buy the manufacturing arm of the company and move production to one of their factories. They certainly have the cash to do so.  Plus, their buying power could help lower component prices and their engineers would get experience working with EV technology, which would be very valuable to the future of the company. 

Finally (well not really), "carbon credits" are going to be a big thing in the future and will be worth a lot of money if you can sell them, instead of buying them.  Polaris could use Brammo sales to offset the pollution caused by their other IC vehicles.  I really see a lot of advantages for everyone concerned if Polaris purchased the Brammo electric motorcycle business and that includes their current customers.
current bikes: 2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2011 Royal Enfield Bullet 500 Classic, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2007 BMW R1200R, 2005 Triumph T-100 Bonneville, 2002 Yamaha FZ1 and a 1978 Honda Kick 'N Go Senior.

benswing

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
    • Email
Brammo's future
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2014, 09:58:00 AM »
Here's an article with some information about this topic. It was written a few months ago, but I think it gives some good perspective.

http://insideevs.com/brammo-fire-sale-story-behind-story/]http://insideevs.com/brammo-fire-sale-story-behind-story

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk