Author Topic: LED parking light  (Read 2249 times)

littlefreak3000

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
LED parking light
« on: December 19, 2014, 11:25:31 AM »
Does anyone know of a LED replacement for our parking light? I recently installed an LED headlight and would like  an LED parking light to match, since it runs when your headlight is on as well.

+progress-

• Enciter
    • View Profile
    • EVinceApparel.com
LED parking light
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2014, 08:04:22 PM »
I just upgraded my parking light to a much brighter LED that I bought off of Amazon.  Phillips offers it in different color temperatures and I went with the 4,000K and am happy with the color which is a nice white and it is very bright!!
 I was hoping that the bulb swap was going to be very quick but I had to remove the entire headlight housing to get access to the bulb which is in a rubber sleeve/ plug.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2013 Empulse R  #80  <RIP> *1st in Seattle
2016 Victory Empulse TT #176 *1st in Seattle 8/30/18 - In shop for warranty motor replacement

littlefreak3000

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
Re: LED parking light
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2014, 08:07:49 PM »
Thanks that's exactly what I was looking for. And by your image it should match my LED head light perfectly.

alain

• If you don't hear anything... Try full throttle
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2015, 09:10:27 AM »
@+progress-,

Just for info...
There's no need to remove the entire housing to replace the parking light bulb.
True, the rubber plug is a very tenacious piece of hardware to remove, but in the end I succeeded without pliers.(though sweaty fingers will make the task even more difficult).

I saw the light looking at the yamaha MT03 owners manual (see download link on page http://www.ownerservicemanual.com/921-owners-manual-for-yamaha-mt-03-motorcycle.html) on page 78 - replacing an auxiliary light bulb.
Turns out the MT03 has exactly the same triom headlight enclosure.

EmpulseRider

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2015, 11:02:48 AM »
Does anyone know of a LED replacement for our parking light? I recently installed an LED headlight and would like  an LED parking light to match, since it runs when your headlight is on as well.

littlefreak, can you tell me what LED headlight you ordered? Did you add this parking light too? Thanks.

littlefreak3000

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2015, 02:33:48 PM »
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00NPA0ZO8?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00

This is the headlight I got. Some modifying needed to get it to fit because the bulb has a weird tab on it. I just kind of forced it in and it worked. Got the parking light too. Since I had my accident at the start of the riding season I haven't really gotten to see how well they work at night. But from just testing them in my garage its a lot brighter and seems to work great.

EmpulseRider

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2015, 07:34:55 PM »
Perfect. Thanks! I have ordered the parking light already... probably gonna order this too.

Consultec

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
LED parking light
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2015, 03:32:42 AM »
My mod.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2014 Empulse R (Red), 2010 Enertia (Burnt Orange), 2000 BMW R1200C, 2010 Enertia (Red) coming for wife.

Consultec

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
LED parking light
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2015, 09:32:19 AM »
I used the same bulb for license plate light

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2014 Empulse R (Red), 2010 Enertia (Burnt Orange), 2000 BMW R1200C, 2010 Enertia (Red) coming for wife.