Author Topic: Stash tube for registration and insurance  (Read 1579 times)

Chocula

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
    • Email
Stash tube for registration and insurance
« on: April 08, 2015, 04:08:17 PM »
After a bit of searching to find a place to store a copy of my registration and insurance on the motorcycle, I ran across this stash tube that mounts to the license plate bracket. http://www.ebay.com/itm/registration-holder-stash-tube-Harley-Honda-Kawasaki-all-motorcycles-/161298893179?hash=item258e29c97b  I ordered the one with the black tube and red reflectors and when mounted it behind the license plate, it is pretty discrete and blends in well with the bike.  I don't think it would be noticed if you were not specifically looking for it. 

The reflector bolts should be at least 1/4" longer, as is, I needed to eliminate the included washers to get it to fit.  I may replace them with standard bolts that match the others holding the license plate on.  In any case, it lets me keep an extra copy of my paperwork on the bike that I can still get too when needed.  There is not a lot of room in the tube, but it does what I needed and was under $10 shipped. 

Chocula

7racer

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Stash tube for registration and insurance
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2015, 10:22:39 PM »
could you post pics?  I have that same tube but couldn't get mine to fit!

Chocula

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Stash tube for registration and insurance
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2015, 10:52:28 AM »
I am away from my bike for a bit, but will post some pictures when I can.  To mount, I placed the reflector bolts thought the license plate, then the license plate bracket, the mounting tabs on the stash tube, and finally the wing nuts.  None of the included washers were used as the bolts were not long enough for them to fit.  This mounted the tube in back of the plate where it is less noticeable.