Author Topic: My Empulse Fell Over in the Garage - Need Replacement Mirror  (Read 1215 times)

EmpulseRider

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
Still not quite sure how I managed to do this but my Empulse tipped over in the garage. I was getting ready to leave this morning and had moved the Empulse from where I usually park it, set it on the kickstand, and as I was heading back into the house it just tipped over. WTF!
Thinking more about what may have happened, I think I could have nudged it forward when I dismounted and pushed the stand beyond the pivot point... it must have remained balanced for a few seconds because I was almost in the door when it decided to tip. Very strange.
Anyway, only damage is a bent shift lever (managed to bend this back), broken clutch lever (just the end snapped off, still usable) and a broken side mirror (needs replacement). Handle bar end has some slight scuffs too. Overall pretty minor damage.
My only question is, what brand / model mirror is OEM replacement? Looks pretty standard to me, but a quick search via eBay returns far too many results to dig through. Any ideas?

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: My Empulse Fell Over in the Garage - Need Replacement Mirror
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2016, 10:27:22 AM »
I have broken an aftermarket mirror on my Enertia before (CRG bar end mirror) but have no idea what their stock mirror is. Sorry.
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

Shinysideup

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2016, 01:46:56 PM »
I've put CRG bar end mirrors on my Empulse and probably have the stock mirrors floating around my garage someplace. PM me and I'm sure we can work out a deal.

littlefreak3000

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2016, 01:51:02 PM »
Damn shame it wasn't your throttle side. I have my throttle side one laying around in my garage I'd send ya. Got the clutch side too but its scrapped on the point a little from my accident.

EmpulseRider

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2016, 01:58:02 PM »
Thanks for the replies everyone. I think I may have found some mirrors on Amazon.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CHCPT32/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Probably gonna take the opportunity to get some adjustable levers, since the one broke. :D
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 09:25:31 PM by EmpulseRider »

EmpulseRider

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2016, 11:52:29 AM »
Update. Those mirrors did not work! The left mirror stem is threaded the opposite direction. The stock mirror was counter clockwise to screw in while the Amazon ones where standard. What ever happened to righty-tighty lefty-loosey?

Just pm'ed you Shiny.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 09:25:58 PM by EmpulseRider »

flar

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2016, 03:30:02 PM »
One of my mirrors has a thread reversing thingamabob on it.  Did you check the old mirror to see if you can transfer it to the new mirrors?
Current bikes: 2013 Brammo Empulse R, 2005 BMW R1200RT
Prior bikes: 1988 Honda Hawk GT, 1997 BMW F650

EmpulseRider

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2016, 03:43:35 PM »
Unfortunately there is no way (that I can tell) to swap the mirror stem to another mirror. The right (Amazon part) mirror will happily screw into the left mount, but the mirror faces the wrong direction... I can pivot the mirror around but its upside down and looks goofy that way.
Anyway, I got in contact with Shiny and he is gonna see if he has the left OEM mirror available.

flar

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2016, 02:53:35 PM »
I'm not referring to the mirror stem, I'm referring to an adapter that goes between the mirror stem and the mount in the handlebars.  One of my mirrors had the adapter, the other did not.  It just screws on so it is removable and transferable.

The adapter is small, it's just a nut with a piece of threading welded to it.  You might not even see it if you didn't lift the rubber boot on the mirror high enough.  I took a picture of the ends of my mirror stems and the adapter (which was sheared in 2 when I dropped my bike or I'd send you mine) so you can see what I'm talking about.
Current bikes: 2013 Brammo Empulse R, 2005 BMW R1200RT
Prior bikes: 1988 Honda Hawk GT, 1997 BMW F650

EmpulseRider

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2016, 09:24:59 PM »
I'm not referring to the mirror stem, I'm referring to an adapter that goes between the mirror stem and the mount in the handlebars.  One of my mirrors had the adapter, the other did not.  It just screws on so it is removable and transferable.

The adapter is small, it's just a nut with a piece of threading welded to it.  You might not even see it if you didn't lift the rubber boot on the mirror high enough.  I took a picture of the ends of my mirror stems and the adapter (which was sheared in 2 when I dropped my bike or I'd send you mine) so you can see what I'm talking about.

OMG, so yes that was the problem with the Amazon mirrors. They do fit, just need to remove that adapter that reverses the threading. Both mirrors screw in just fine now. Damn, I feel really stupid right now...  :(

frodus

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2016, 08:53:15 PM »
Do you still need them? I have my original set. I've upgraded to CRG and don't want/need the stock mirrors anymore.

EmpulseRider

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2016, 09:54:43 PM »
Thanks Frodus, but I no longer need one. Shiny sent me one so I am good to go. Thanks again Shiny! I also have an extra set now as the ones I ordered on Amazon actually fit just fine after removing the adapter on the clutch side.

Shinysideup

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2016, 01:17:48 PM »
Great! Now you're all set up to drop your bike again!
No, wait, that's MY hobby! :o

EmpulseRider

• Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2016, 11:27:27 PM »
Great! Now you're all set up to drop your bike again!
No, wait, that's MY hobby! :o

Actually, yeah... it shouldnt be so bad the next time. Got spare mirrors, and shorty CRG RC2 clutch and brake levers. Bike looks even better than before it fell over. ;D
Shifter feels fine too, if a little bent.