Author Topic: Relaxed pace ride in the Santa Monica Mountains on an Empulse TT  (Read 2134 times)

Chocula

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
    • Email
Relaxed pace ride in the Santa Monica Mountains on an Empulse TT
« on: December 15, 2016, 02:01:17 AM »
Relaxed pace ride in the Santa Monica Mountains, stopped for lunch at Malibu Country Mart as they have a few chargers available and some great views.  Outside temperatures were in the low 60's.  Weather has not been cooperative lately and I had been itching to go for a ride, but have been off the bike for over a week and there had been rain in the canyons recently so we kept things nice and relaxed.  Roads ended up being very clean with only a few patches of dirt or rocks.

The video is of the Latigo Canyon portion of the ride.  I borrowed my wife's Garmin VIRB Elite so I could play with the GPS overlay.  The splice in the video toward the end is where we stopped to check on a couple of riders.  Two of them had gone down and while one of the bikes had extensive faring damage, the riders were not injured beyond a little bit of bruising.  One of the riders who had gone down was way more interested in talking about the Empulse and seemed to completely forget about his crash.