Author Topic: victory empulse for $7k ?!?  (Read 2737 times)

ljt725

• View Profile
victory empulse for $7k ?!?
« on: January 18, 2017, 04:35:48 PM »
I have a chance to grab a brand new 0 mile Victory Empulse TT for $7000 I assume this is a great deal considering MSRP was 20k probably going to pull the trigger just looking for some quick thoughts and feedback

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: victory empulse for $7k ?!?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2017, 04:45:50 PM »
Well, just be aware that Polaris announced it is closing the doors on its Victory line. Parts will still be available for 10 years, but yeah, Victory is no more.  See this thread for more info:

http://brammoforum.com/index.php?topic=3383.0
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

ljt725

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2017, 04:55:02 PM »
Yes I am aware of that thus sale price, I was also hoping to steal an Octane as well but there only knocking $1000 of msrp which is not enough considering they are going out of business.

TVETT

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2017, 04:55:58 PM »
I got mine for $5999. Do some haggling if you decide to take the plunge. Even got them to throw in the 240V charger (MSRP $400-$500) for $100.

ljt725

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2017, 05:27:34 PM »
Where did you purchase yours out of curiosity?

TVETT

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2017, 10:13:09 PM »
Nashville area. There were 3 here at 2 different shops that I could have gotten at that price. I came to that realization by searching and finding them at $5999 in Panama City and Cincinnati so I knew if they could do it there, they could likely do it here. Took a bunch of negotiation but it got done.

Virtually Yours

• Brammoholic
  • Brammovangelist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2017, 12:08:39 AM »
Great bike at an awesome buy! I guess we're all on the wait and see where this goes but I'm hoping for an Indian Empulse RR... If so service and parts may be okay
Actually Mine,
Empluse R

Spacecoast EV

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2017, 10:56:59 PM »
I bought a new Empulse TT in Daytona for $5999 + the usual freight, set-up, tax & tag.

Ultratoad

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2017, 11:28:20 AM »
I bought a new Empulse TT in Daytona for $5999 + the usual freight, set-up, tax & tag.

You are one lucky guy in my estimation....  Like they say, timing is everything....  The Empulse TT is a fantastic piece of tech....  Enjoy....

noone1569

• Enciter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2017, 03:29:11 PM »
In the process of buying one now from, TN for <6500$

mat

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2017, 09:52:51 PM »
Just grabbed this one today. 8950 out the door. I'm in CA so net is 8k.  ;D

There's one left at the same price. Eagle Rider LAX

noone1569

• Enciter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2017, 08:50:06 AM »
There's one available at a dealer in St Louis for 7600 and another $1000 off if you are military, police, fire, ems, etc.

I can pass contact info around if wanted.

sTeeve

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2017, 05:17:50 PM »
I'm in negotiation for one in the SE US.  I test-rode it.  Good power; good torque, although not as much as the Zero SR.  Good riding position but definitely needs a windscreen (IMHO).  6-speed?  Srsly?  I only needed 2nd and 3rd on my test ride; I've read that revs should be kept in the "green zone" on the tach for max efficiency. 

Serious lash in the drive train.  It can't be eliminated, but it can be minimized to a degree.  Dealer had it listed for $7450; they just increased the price by $500.  Definitely not worth $20k.  Enjoyed the test-ride.

Ultratoad

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2017, 05:44:32 PM »
I'm in negotiation for one in the SE US.  I test-rode it.  Good power; good torque, although not as much as the Zero SR.  Good riding position but definitely needs a windscreen (IMHO).  6-speed?  Srsly?  I only needed 2nd and 3rd on my test ride; I've read that revs should be kept in the "green zone" on the tach for max efficiency. 

Serious lash in the drive train.  It can't be eliminated, but it can be minimized to a degree.  Dealer had it listed for $7450; they just increased the price by $500.  Definitely not worth $20k.  Enjoyed the test-ride.

Serious lash in the drive train ????  No....  You just need to spend some time on it.  Smooth as butter--once you get used to it.  OR the chain was just slacking !!!!  Rode mine today--just love the damn thing.  I got a really good deal on mine--I thought.  Just not like you can get now.  Jump on that thing !!!!

sTeeve

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2017, 10:08:31 PM »

Serious lash in the drive train ????  No....  You just need to spend some time on it.  Smooth as butter--once you get used to it.  OR the chain was just slacking !!!!  Rode mine today--just love the damn thing.  I got a really good deal on mine--I thought.  Just not like you can get now.  Jump on that thing !!!!

Haha.  Yeah, the lash was pretty severe.  At parking lot speeds, quite difficult to modulate the throttle (I didn't even try to use the clutch, come to think of it...is that how you're doing it?).

Otherwise, I liked it more than I thought I would.  And it could well have been a slacking chain.  Time to haggle some more!   :P