Author Topic: Finally snagged a Brammo Enertia!  (Read 2073 times)

Drivingthefuture

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
Finally snagged a Brammo Enertia!
« on: July 25, 2017, 09:17:43 AM »
Hi all, I finally found a deal I couldn't resist. 2010 original owner Enertia with only 470 miles on it... Price: $1999 ! I think I may have the lowest mileage Enertiastill in existence. VIN no.87. I'm loving my first few days on the bike, so much so that I'm sad it is discontinued. It also feels special to own a working bike that if anything major goes wrong it will likely be dead. No one around here in Dayton Ohio has ever seen one so everyone is amazed by it. Let me know if you're still riding yours and if it's got a VIN close to mine, how many miles, etc.

jazz999

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Finally snagged a Brammo Enertia!
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2017, 10:35:03 AM »
Mine is still working with no issues.  Only major component replaced was controller that was recalled a few years back when I purchased it with 2600 miles.  It now has 5500 miles on it.  Mine is #18.  I purchased it from an guy that worked for Brammo in Medford.  He said it was one of the original prototype test bikes but I am not sure about that. 
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 10:37:47 AM by jazz999 »

Brammofan

• Administrator
  • Brammovangelist
  • Following the momentum of Enertia
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2017, 11:15:13 AM »
Still riding mine with no issues. Can't recall what the serial is, something in the 70s, I think.  I don't ride as much as I used to, mainly because of mind over matter.
The Brammoforum Wiki is still active: http://www.brammoforum.com/wiki

Drivingthefuture

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2017, 05:32:50 PM »
Good to know there's still a few of you out there! And wow #18 is pretty early, that's cool. I was able to track down David Harvey through LinkedIn and he has been messaging with me, giving me advice and even connecting me with someone still at Brammo who he says could get me some parts if I need them (but he warned me there are no more batteries). Anyways it will be interesting to see how long mine lasts, seeing as it was not ridden much in the past 7 years. The range seems to be doing just fine and when I check the cell balance during charging it seems to be pretty balanced. I want to do some modifications but at the same time am scare to because if anything goes wrong with the onboard electronics I would probably be SOL. The only sign of wear is the front brake resevoir cap which the prev. owner explained to me had gotten some brake fluid on it from the techs who last changed it ( I don't think they were Brammo techs).

Eratosthenes

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2017, 07:49:58 PM »
Hi Drivingthefuture,

Hi all, I finally found a deal I couldn't resist. 2010 original owner Enertia with only 470 miles on it... Price: $1999 ! I think I may have the lowest mileage Enertiastill in existence.
At the moment you may have... :D

Mine (a 2012) has 920km (==572miles) on it. So let's keep in contact so see "who's least"... :D

Have a lot of fun...

MfG
der Eratosthenes
NO! - I'm not a "collector"... - I just don't sell my stuff.
-
My "non-eBike project" for 2018: Gaskrank <click> or even more

jazz999

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2017, 04:38:48 PM »
I now have about 4500 miles on mine.  Other than brake pads and the occasional fault code (restart fixes them), it is running fine!

Drivingthefuture

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2019, 03:00:18 AM »
Almost 2 years later and it's still running strong, original tires and all :)

jazz999

• Empulse Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2019, 12:55:21 PM »
Nice!  I still have my Enertia, continues to runs great and I also have an Empulse R which also runs great.  I may actually sell the Enertia in the next couple of months since I barely rode it last year.  Not sure what to price it at.  Has under 5000 miles. 

Drivingthefuture

• Enertia Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2019, 09:27:43 AM »
I spoke too soon because now my D4 error is persisting and it's unrideable. Hopefully next warm sunny day I can leave it outside and really dry it out and see if that helps.